35 Yrs Old and Finally Took Action Against my Under Eye Bags - New York

My experience with Dr. Slupchynskyj and his...

My experience with Dr. Slupchynskyj and his assistant Jana was excellent. Dr S. is a professional in every sense of the word and Jana was very pleasant from the initial conversation. I'm glad I did my research and checked 3 different Dr.s before deciding on one. (Which I believe everyone should do)
I am a 35 yr old African American male and I've had under eye bags since I was a preteen. I was always self-conscious about them and it always bothered me when people would tell me I look tired when I wasn't. As I got older, my eyes began to gradually get more puffy. Although I wear glasses for driving in the night and seeing from a distance I found myself wearing my glasses more often as a way of covering the bags and helping them be less noticeable.
I tried the Verve eye rise injection treatment by Dr Bracci in Manhattan and that was purely a waste of money. He said the injections would make me look 10 yrs younger. It definitely didn't do that. Then he said he could inject my cheeks for another $1k and that would make me look 15 yrs younger. I wasn't buying it. He knew that due to me having actual fat protruding that caused the bags, the injections wouldn't correct the issue. So there was no change after $1200 and he said 2 yrs later after a bunch of research I went for the surgery even though people told me they didn't think my bags were that bad but they did notice them.
I am now about 1 month post op and although I still have a little puffiness under both eyes more so the left eye than the right, I notice a big difference and people have mentioned that they see the difference as well. The only concern I have left is that I now have dark circles under my eyes which I've never had but I researched it and Dr S. explained that it is from the blood that settled under the skin from the surgery and this is common for people with dark pigment like mine. He advised that my body will continue to resort the blood and it can take a couple of months for it to fully lighten up. I'm fine with that as long as it lightens up and the bags continue to flatten out. Overall I'm happy with my decision to go through with the procedure and I'm glad I went with Dr. Slupchynskyj. His pricing is better was right and his bedside manner is great. Jana made me feel very relaxed from the beginning.

6 weeks Post op

After 6 weeks I'm seeing progress on a daily basis. A good amount of swelling has gone down and the dark circles are slowly fading. There's still some puffiness, more in the mornings. But a big difference from Pre-op times. Patience is key.

4 months Post Op

After 4 months people continue to tell me they see the difference and it Made a Difference. And there's still some residual swelling that will go away gradually by month 6

5 months Later

Steady progress. The Bags are almost totally gone. The dark circles underneath my eyes that were caused by the surgery have faded nicely. If you're thinking about having the surgery, it's definitely worth it.

6 Month Mark

Things are looking good at the 6 Month Post Op Mark

8 Months later

Eyes are smooth. Slight darkness under the right eye remains. Overall they look great.
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Slupchynskyj should be your final stop on the road to a new refreshed under eye look.