Slimming the Buddha Belly - New York, NY

I became interested in the CoolSculpting after...

I became interested in the CoolSculpting after vaguely hearing about it on an infomercial. Curiosity got the best of me and I've been on a research rampage ever since. I'm considered slim, but the truth is I'm toned everywhere with the exception of my stomach. It never truly bothered me when I was younger, but as I've become older I'd like to enjoy the beach (while I'm young and semi-hot) and not hold it in when I'm walking around. I'm fairly active and workout about 3 times a week with a lot of walking in between (every NYers routine), so I'm not looking for washboard abs or to bounce pennies off of my stomach, but I'm hoping the procedure will remove the lower bulge that exists. I went in for a special consultant/CoolSculpting event that was happening at my selected Medi-Spa and was pleased with the staff. Everyone there was really kind, and answered a million questions that I had regarding the procedure, care, and long-term results. In the end, I was still nervous, but excited about scheduling an appointment. I'll be having the CoolSmooth procedure which involves the use of the paddle attachment, instead of the suction attachment, on my abdomen. I am looking forward to sharing my journey with you, especially because this site helped me a lot to gain the courage to undergo this procedure. Stats (if they help): 130lbs - 5'6''

CoolSmooth Procedure Underway

I am at my MediSpa now undergoing the procedure. I had THE best post written, but the photos are loading super weird from the mobile site. I'll post everything as soon as I'm home for you guys!

CoolSculpting Procedure Underway (Live Post)

CoolSculpting Procedure Underway (Live Post)
(written live, but posting one day after due to difficulties posting mobile.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! I thought it would be pretty cool to post while I was undergoing the procedure. I left my office a little early to get to the MediSpa. I stopped by a quaint tavern to gather some liquid courage and then I was on my way!!

The first thing we did was to get my stomach marked in order to position the applicator. I then had my measurements taken and a few pictures were taken. Overall, it took about 15 minutes and then I was off to have more fun!

I was asked if I'd like to remain clothed or use a robe. I intentionally dressed in all spandex under my clothing (I'd highly, highly recommend this) so I just removed my clothes and rolled my top spandex layer up and my bottom spandex layer down to access my Buddha Belly. Once I was situated, my technician placed a few foam "bumpers" around the markings to prevent the applicator/paddle from slipping around. After I had my bumpers in place, she added a layer of jelly-like film to my stomach which had a very cool feeling, followed by a plastic barrier. Now that I was prepped, she pulled out the magical applicator that I'd been waiting to meet! It was slightly cumbersome to maneuver into place, but she figured it out and had me strapped in after less than 5 minutes.

Once strapped in, my technician checked if I'd like or need anything and she alerted me to a pager if I needed to grab her attention from the front desk.

Since then, I've taken a few photos which I'll post in a second. I'm 1 hour into my 2 hour procedure and feeling fine. The first 10 minutes of having the applicator on my belly felt awkward, but after there was just a dull sense of coolness. No pain or discomfort...just the weight of the machine and a coolness.

Check back in a few for post-procedure pictures and reviews. I'm so excited to share!

CoolSculpting Procedure Complete

CoolSculpting Procedure Complete

The procedure lasted for exactly two hours and the time really flew by - most likely because I kept daydreaming about the amazing days on the beach ahead. One item to note, which should be very obvious: make sure that you use the bathroom before the procedure or prepare to hold it for awhile. I went before, but had to think of tundras and deserts when I had about 45 minutes to go.

Once my time was up the machine gave off a few beeping noises and my technician came to remove the applicator. She unstrapped me and gave me a few napkins to wipe off the jelly substance that was on my stomach. My stomach felt like an ice block and it was incredibly red and swollen. I was actually really surprised by how swollen it was, but there wasn't any pain, just a numbness.

After I was all cleaned up, I snapped a few photos and was on my way. I asked the office manager the rules on drinks (a girl has to plan ahead, ya know) and he mentioned that I should avoid alcohol, even though it's tempting - alcohol in your system slows fat metabolization - and to simply hydrate. Hydrate it is, then.

I had tickets to see a show, so speed walked to the venue and grabbed two bottles of water to chug throughout the show. I then found my seat and gingerly settled in to watch the very talented Larry David (Fish In the Dark - go see it!) for two hours while my body recovered. I was surprisingly comfortable until I leaned forward to put any type of pressure on my abs, then it got uncomfortable, but not as if I were going to keel over. Staying true to form, I dropped my second bottle of water on the ground and sighed as I watched it role away as intermission ended and the lights began to dim.

Updates on my day after coming soon!

CoolSculpting Recovery: The Day After

CoolSculpting Recovery: The Day After

When I got home last night after the procedure, I drank a bit more water before hitting the hay. Today there was a bit of tenderness all over the treated area. The redness has gone away, but the swelling remains. I decided to massage the area as the technician did, but I used Lubriderm lotion to help things along. It wasn't unbearable and I hope that the massages will help to reduce the tenderness and maybe reduce the swelling faster. After my stomach massage, I had another bottle of water before taking a few pictures and then jumping on my bike (I have a trainer) for about 20 minutes. I walked around the city for the majority of the day and was able to function normally. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of my recovery is the same.

I'll try to post status updated each day, but I'll be back with pictures in a week.

CoolSculpting Recovery: Two Days After

CoolSculpting Recovery: Two Days After

Numbness: Moderate
(scale - none, low, moderate, high, severe)

I still feel relatively "normal" as the recovery continues. I wasn't as physically active today as I was yesterday. I gave my abdomen another massage this morning which lasted about 10 minutes and then I hopped onto my bike for about 20 minutes. Other than that, I've been consistent with my water intake. I did notice that my appetite was raging like none other. I tried to keep it clean, but caved to sweets and beer.

I'll be back tomorrow with a few more updates, and hopefully better control over my eating.

CoolSculpting Recovery: Three Days After

CoolSculpting Recovery: Three Days After

Numbness: Moderate
(scale - none, low, moderate, high, severe)

I'm still going strong. I woke up and gave my stomach a massage and noticed that the area treated is cooler than the rest of my skin. I'm fairly sure that I'm feeling the frozen fat cells which is slightly erie. I then jumped on my bike for 20 minutes followed by two cups of water. I've started to incorporate lemon into my water; part of my normal morning routine that I got lazy about. I didn't experience any strong food cravings like yesterday which I'm happy about. Toward the end of the day I began to experience tingling sensations in my abdomen, and if touched it felt tender like I had a deep bruise - but no major discomfort.

I'll be back tomorrow with a few more updates. I hope this helps!

CoolSculpting Recovery: Four Days After

CoolSculpting Recovery: Four Days After

Numbness: Low/Moderate
General Discomfort: Moderate
(scale - none, low, moderate, high, severe)

Today has been the same as yesterday: massage, bike, water with lemon, commence day. Like yesterday, my abdomen is fine aside from the tender/bruised feeling. The latest development is that there are now sporadic stitches happening. It feels like I'm being poked by a toothpick and then it vanishes. Otherwise, I'm thankful that I'm not having any serious pain, only more moderate discomfort. I'll keep you all posted with updates.

CoolSculpting Recovery: Five Days After

CoolSculpting Recovery: Five Days After

Numbness: Low/Moderate
General Discomfort: Moderate
(scale - none, low, moderate, high, severe)

No new breakthroughs for me. Same morning routine and the same sensations in my abdomen as yesterday. I'm so anxious to get past this first week. Given my rate of progress, I don't think I'll be one of the luck customers to see slight results within one to two weeks. I really didn't expect any changes going into it, but the waiting has been torture. I'll catch you all tomorrow!

CoolSculpting Recovery: Six Days After

CoolSculpting Recovery: Six Days After

(scale - none, low, moderate, high, severe)

Tomorrow officially marks one week since I had my procedure! I completed my morning routine without out much fuss. The shooting toothpick sensations seem to have subsided for now and the food cravings haven't been an issue since the second day after the procedure.

Sorry that I don't have anything more exciting to post, but thanks for stopping by to check-in anyways. I'm happy to read that I have some procedure twins out there and I hope that you'll begin posting your results and reviews, too. I'll be back with a one week photo of the buddha tomorrow. See you then!

CoolSculpting Recovery: One Week Review!

CoolSculpting Recovery: One Week Review!

(scale - none, low, moderate, high, severe)

I survived an entire week!! I'm so happy to have hit this milestone with no major complications. I actually skipped out on biking in the morning but I did massage my belly for continued good luck (translates to me mentally and physically pushing the fat away) and downed water with lemon.

In the evening I went to hang out a few friends (hence why this post is back dated). I avoided beer like the plague which was a feat for me, but it wasn't such a hardship after I got close with a few Gin and Tonics.

I've posted a few photos, but there haven't been any miraculous happenings quite yet. Although the results have yet to show, I am feeling good about what's in store. I've been cruising through the CoolSculpting reviews a lot more than usual. I find that it calms me down when I get worried that I may not respond well to the procedure. There are so many stories of success and I try to channel those good vibes and not rush the process.

I've believe the hardest part of the procedure may be behind me. My abdomen is still numb and I suspect it will subside within the next week. I am moving to a weekly pattern for posting and I'll include photos with those posts. Thank you for your support and for checking in. I'm rooting for you and look forward to reading all about your ups and downs with the CoolSculpting procedure. See you in a week!

CoolSculpting Recovery: Two Week Review!

CoolSculpting Recovery: Two Week Review!

(scale - none, low, moderate, high, severe)

Another week with minimal trouble where the abs are concerned. I have pass any type of pain and I feel relatively like myself again. I've been cycling consistently and even increased my time to 30 minutes a day. Water and lemon are still on the menu to kick start the day, too.

I've included a few photos here, but ask I suspected, nothing much has changed. Hopefully, in two more weeks I'll have some interesting things happening. Also, two weeks from now I'll head back to the Med Spa to have my one month photos taken and an evaluation to determine if I'd be a good candidate for a second procedure. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

Thanks for checking in on me and I look forward to seeing all of your CoolSculpting updates!

CoolSculpting Recovery: Three Week Review!

CoolSculpting Recovery: Three Week Review!

(scale - none, low, moderate, high, severe)

I can confidently say that the "recovery" period has passed for me. I feel totally back to normal and am now just going with the flow of things to see results. I have replaced biking with some elliptical training to keep things exciting. I'm still on my lemon and water routine in the morning and otherwise staying away from carbs (as best I can) and booze.

Now for the results so far. I guess I'm just a late bloomer in this category. I haven't noticed any major changes, but I'm trying not to get too anxious about it. I have an appointment next week (I think) to get my four week photos taken at the Med Spa which performed my procedure. I'll be back with developments next week and hopefully those professional side-by-side comparison photos.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you all in a week!

CoolSculpting Recovery: One MONTH Review!

CoolSculpting Recovery: One MONTH Review!

(scale - none, low, moderate, high, severe)

I am finally starting to see a few results! Very exciting stuff. It's gradual, but I'm elated that there's something happening. I am still working out in the mornings. Sometimes I bike and at other times I'm on the elliptical. Also, I am still drinking lemon with water to keep hydrated.

I have to say even with these moderate changes I'm happy that I went through with the procedure. My jeans fit nicely and my stomach doesn't immediately grab my attention when looking at my silhouette in a dress.

I actually misspoke earlier regarding the comparison photos. I have my appointment next week at the Med Spa. I'll be sure to post photos afterward. Thanks as always for visiting. I hope that someone out there finds this helpful! See you in a week!

CoolSculpting Recovery: Five Week Review!

CoolSculpting Recovery: Five Week Review!

(scale - none, low, moderate, high, severe)

With the days getting warmer, I've found myself walking a lot more for exercise. I was fairly good about getting to the gym this week, but I could have done better. I'm aiming to go each day this weekend to make up for a bit of lost time. I also added a few ab strengthening workouts to my schedule. By few, I mean five. It takes about 10 minutes to get through (all my stopping to moan and groan), but I always feel great after and I know ultimately it will help me to have the best results possible.

Eating this week was tough! I have to remember that my body is still in recovery before scarfing down cheeseburgers, ramen burgers (why must you do this to me NYC!!), and beer. I have been consistent with drinking water and lemon in the mornings and I've found another way to help fight off cravings: recovery drinks! Think of Core Power and Muscle Milk - they're incredibly tasty. I usually have one in the morning and it gets me right to lunch without feeling hungry.

Now for the CoolSculpting review! I went to the Med Spa to have my post procedure photos done. It took less than 10 minutes for the technician to snap away at my stomach. She also took measurements and it seems I've lost 2 inches on my stomach and waist! My progress was slow in the beginning, but it seems that I'm right on target and I have seven more weeks of results to look forward to! I requested my photos, but there was some delay so I don't have them to share this week; however, I will post them next week. I made my own compilation to share in the absence of the professional pictures.

Thank you all for checking in over the past few weeks. I hope that you continue to find these posts helpful and look forward to reading about your progress, too!!

Quickly Popping By

Hey everyone, I apologize that I didn't post an update last week. I'm actually moving to a 2 week schedule to share updates. I now have my Med Spa photos. The before shot and after shot were 5 weeks apart. I can't believe that I'm over halfway through my recovery. I love the results so far and don't believe that I'll have another treatment done, but if I change my mind, it will be around the 8 week mark. I'll see you next week for my 8-week update!