My First Cosmetic Procedure - Vitalize Peel - New York, NY

I have been a patient of Dr. Henry since December...

I have been a patient of Dr. Henry since December 2014, when I went to her to treat my acne/hyper-pigmentation. She suggested we treat the acne first and then move on to treating the scars. I was put on a regimen of Aczone, Atrolin and Minoclyne and after about 3 months my acne was completely clear. During my March follow-up began discussing how to treat the hyper-pigmentation and she suggested a combination of Hydroquinone 4% and introduced me to the idea of a Vitalized Peel.

After watching countless YouTube videos and reading a ton of reviews, I was finally ready for my peel! The process was a little uncomfortable. First, the nurse prepped my skin by cleansing it with a acetone solution, this was a little unpleasant because I was holding my breath trying not to inhale the fumes of the acetone. Then Dr. Henry then came in and applied the Vitalize Peel, this consisted of applying three layers of the solution on my face and neck area. While applying moderate pressure she used a gauze for the application of the solution (for exfoliation and deeper penetration I assume)...I felt a stinging sensation immediately! It STUNG and BURNED she fanned my and that felt better but I kept thinking OMG! my face is on FIRE! I managed to get through all the layers and finally after like 3/4 minutes the stinging burning sensation subsided. When Dr. Henry was done the nurse came back in and applied some cortisone on my face that felt like a soothing heaven!

I will be updating my results and I will try to take pictures on a daily basis to record the process.

Wish me luck!

Day 5

I've finished peeling! see the pictures for a visual and small caption to describe process.

So far I am happy with my results! I knew going in to this that one peel may not be enough and so I did purchase two at the recommendation of Dr. Henry.
Dr. Henry also told me the skin will continue to heal after I'm done peeling so lets see what the next couple days/ weeks have in store for my face. I'm hoping that final heeling process will take care of the remaining scars, which have improved significantly!! Back in December, my morning routine would consist of layers of bb cream, foundation and concealer, today I am proud to say that I can get away with a light layer of bb cream or go with no make up at all! feels great!

Peel follow up appointment

Just wanted to report that I went to my post peel follow up today and Dr. Henry was very pleased with my results.

I am scheduled to get my second peel on the 12th. I will be posting more pics and updating those results. :)
New York Dermatologist

I LOVE Dr. HENRY! Shes knowledgeable and kind. Her bed side manner is superb! Made me feel extremely comfortable during my first procedure.