Cheek Implants with Dr. Slupchynskyj! - New York, NY

I am a 19-year-old college student looking to...

I am a 19-year-old college student looking to augment my high, but flat, cheeks. I've been researching the procedure for close to three years now, and just recently I finally pulled the trigger and scheduled a surgery date. I'll be having surgery with Manhattan-based plastic surgeon Dr. Slupchynskyj, whom I originally learned about from these very boards!

Though my interactions with Dr. Slupchynskyj have thus far been brief, he is very pleasant and attentive; he readily answered all of my questions and addressed my concerns. After meeting with several other Manhattan-based plastic surgeons, I can say that this is not always the case - some of them seemed to exude a type of snobbiness and shortness, enough so that I'd be hesitant to move forward with surgery with them. With Dr. Slupchynskyj, I feel that I'm in great hands and am so excited for the upcoming procedure. His office staff have been nothing but lovely as well.

Also... with Dr. Slupchynskyj, I didn't get that unsettling 'money-doctor' vibe that most plastic surgery patients know all too well. I was originally quoted $5,500, but the price was dropped to $5,000 after Dr. Slupchynskyj learned that I'm a student. His consultations are also free, which is pretty awesome!

My next appointment with Dr. Slupchynskyj is Thursday, May 7th. At this appointment, I hope to discuss any pending concerns and my aesthetic goals versus what I can realistically expect. My three major concerns/goals: (1) I'd like my cheeks to be as prominent as possible; (2) any change in the shape of my nose is unacceptable; (3) I want no added fullness to the lower third of my face.

We'll see what he has to say next Thursday! I'll keep this post updated and will add pictures at a later time. Very excited!

Surgery was a success!

Had surgery this past Tuesday. It hurt like hell at one point - I didn't eat the day before, so maybe that affected the painkillers? Also got terribly nauseous afterwards. I guess beauty really is pain? Right now I'm very swollen across my entire mid-face, though I can already tell they're going to look amazing. I'm pretty sure he did XL malar implants. Swelling peaked at around 48 hours post-op and has been slowly going down since. Even my nose feels swollen - no black and blue, except for some yellow under my eyes.

I'll post a more detailed update with pictures when the results become more visible. So far I'm very happy - I felt like I was in great hands with Dr. Slupchynskyj; it's apparent that he really knows what he's doing.

Love my cheeks!

I absolutely love my cheek implants! I'm blown away by how short the recovery was as well. I felt 'presentable' within just 2 weeks. I'm almost 3 months post-op now and feel that nearly all of the swelling is gone. You can PM me if you'd like to see pictures.

The implants really frame my face; I feel so much better about myself and my appearance. I'm so happy I had surgery with Dr. S and highly recommend him and his wonderful staff. It's very apparent that he really, really knows his stuff when it comes to facial anatomy! In addition to their beautiful placement, the implants have not affected my nose size (my biggest concern - my nose actually looks tinier now!) or my smile. I can't feel the implants in my face - they just feel like my natural cheekbones. The recovery was a breeze; I wish I had gotten them sooner!

Dr. S also gives his patients his personal phone number - I so appreciated this during the early post-op period, which can be very stressful! If I had a concern I'd send a text message to Dr. S - and within no time he would respond. Immediate peace of mind for someone who is post-op plastic surgery is absolutely priceless!

Checking In - Cheeks are still beautiful!

Dr. S is the absolute best. My cheeks look FANTASTIC! I am so happy that I had surgery with him. My Before and Afters are on his website, if you'd like to take a look.

Not only is the aesthetic result amazing - I haven't had any issues with smiling or moving my facial muscles around. No numbness or anything like that. And, despite their large size, they look natural and truly flatter my face.

This is one of the best decisions/investments I've ever made - thank you Dr. S!!!
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Slupchynskyj is an absolutely wonderful and highly skilled surgeon. I recommend him to anyone and everyone interested in plastic surgery (especially cheek implants), and I myself will definitely be visiting him again in the future. I had read so many horror stories online prior to my surgery, yet my recovery was seamless, and the result is absolutely gorgeous.