27 Yr Old Female Always Wanted Fuller Higher Cheeks. SO Happy I Went Through with It! - New York, NY

Since I was 22 yrs old I'd been getting Radiesse...

Since I was 22 yrs old I'd been getting Radiesse filler in my cheeks. I loved the look, but was ready for something permanent. After a few consultations with different doctors, I was SO happy to come to realself.com and read about Dr. Oleh Slupchynskyj in NYC! After several favorable cheek augmentation reviews, I booked my consult. I was pleasantly surprised that there was no consult fee, as the previous doctors I'd seen all required one. During the consult I expressed my interest in malar implants and Dr. S listed to my concerns and answered all my questions very open and honestly. I knew he was the Dr. for me! I booked my procedure a week later, and couldn't wait!

Dr. S has a very helpful staff who also go out of their way to answer all your questions and concerns. I was even given the Dr's personal cell number if I had any further questions.

On the day of my surgery I was taken early, and met with the very friendly anesthesiologist beforehand. She also was very kind, and answered all of my questions. I felt safe and secure in the hands of Dr. S and his whole medical team that day.

The procedure went perfectly, I woke up feeling a bit groggy, but had barely any pain, and didn't feel sick, which was one of my main concerns with anesthesia. Everything went smoothly.

I was VERY swollen and a bit sore for the first 5 days. I would compare it to having your wisdom teeth removed. Nothing I couldn't handle though. I was prescribed pain meds, but only needed them the first few days, and then switched to extra strength tylenol.

By day 6 I could already tell I was going to LOVE my new high cheeks! He gave me the size that I asked for (XL) and placed them exactly where I wanted them. The swelling in my lower face was probably the worst part, but right now I am at day 12, and it has completely gone down and is back to normal. I still have a slight bruise and some yellowing of the skin under my right eye, but nothing that can't be covered with makeup.

I feel badly that so many people have had such negative experiences with cheek implants on this website. It really did scare me at first, but I am SO glad I went through with it.

More updates soon!

Before Pic

Since a few people asked for a before picture, here you go! It was hard trying to find any photos pre-fillers to compare, but I managed to dig this one up from about 7 years ago.

More Photos

Here are some more photos (highly unflattering lol) to show the swelling/healing process!

A little over 2 weeks post op

Everything is looking good! I believe the swelling is all gone, at least in my lower face for sure. Very happy with the results!

Almost 1 month post op

Stitches have all finally dissolved, and swelling has lessened. Hoping there isn't much more swelling left to go...I like the fullness, and am hoping they don't get any smaller as I wanted them very high/large. I have another post op with the doctor on the 19th.
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. S is a very open and honest surgeon with a great gift for facial aesthetics! He knew exactly what I wanted without my having to even say much. He listened and answered all my questions, and made himself and his entire staff available to me when I needed them. I won't go anywhere else for facial work now!