Breast Reduction 2 Days Post-op. Best Decision I've Ever Made. - New York, NY

The motivation for surgery: Oh boy, the back pain,...

The motivation for surgery: Oh boy, the back pain, shoulder pain, mental stress. ALL OF IT. I was a 28H. The weight of my breasts on my back was unbearable. In addition to the physical pain, it was mentally draining. I don't even remember a time when I didn't have boobs. Without getting into too many details, this surgery couldn't have come at a better time.

Today: I’m only 2 days post op, and already I feel the effects of a breast reduction. Almost immediately, my shoulder pain was GONE. It was literally a weight lifted off my shoulders (1.2kgs to be exact). I can’t wait to see what the next few weeks will bring.

I went from a 28H to a possible C (although time will tell, as more of the swelling goes down etc.)

I am just so glad I went through with this surgery. To all you women out there who are considering getting a reduction, GO FOR IT. The benefits are immediate. I feel like a whole new person. And this is coming from someone who’s only 2 days out of surgery. I feel like I wasted 24 years of my life trying to deal with my breasts, finding ways to live with them and just bear with it all. I wish I did this sooner.

But I won't dwell on the past, I am so excited to see what the next few weeks, months, year will bring!!
New York Plastic Surgeon

Consultation: 10/10!!! I had seen a few doctors over the years and no one made an impression on me quite like Dr. Vickery. As soon as the consultation was over, I knew she was the doctor I wanted to work with. What stuck out to me the most was how she talked about the effects that large breasts have on a woman. She put to words all the things that had been bothering me and even some things that I didn't want to admit to myself. I used to feel like there was something wrong with me (like never having any sensation in the nipples, for example) and she just made me feel so okay. She was going to come in and fix all of it. And I had nothing else to worry about. Surgery and Post Op: Dr. Vickery and her team were AMAZING. It was like working with people I had known all my life. They were so understanding and so attentive. Not to mention, so extremely patient!! I was a huge mess on the morning of my surgery. I got lost TWICE (panic attacks are no fun) and ended up late to my own surgery! But the second I walked in, all that stress just disappeared. I met with the nurse right away, and we got to business. Everything went seamlessly. They all worked really hard to make sure the entire experience was bearable. It was a breeze. Well as much as surgery can truly be a breeze, but the point still stands! They were so attentive to my needs and my comfort. They worked so hard to make sure any and all feelings of nausea were dealt with and avoided. (Side note: It worked! Didn’t feel nauseous at all.) I honestly can’t say enough good things about the whole experience. I wish I could thank Dr Vickery and her team a million times over. This has all been the most life-altering, amazing experience. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it!!