29 Years Old, 397-420 Cc Teardrop Natrelle Implant - New York, NY

I've looked into implants for a number of years...

I've looked into implants for a number of years since I'm tall and have a not petite frame but was a 36 (small) B and curvy hips. I'm 5'9 and around 160 lbs. I wanted bigger size but didn't want it to look for obvious particularly in clothing for professional reasons. As a result, I ended up going with a teardrop (anatomical) silicone implant. I tried a range of sizes that were round and based on my selection the surgeon picked an implant that correlates with something between 397 and 420 cc round implants. For the consultation, he took about an hour with me to discuss the different options and all the possible risks of the surgery. I also came back another time to try the implants again to make sure. I would note my cost was slightly higher since I had surgery on a different day than he normally does surgery and ended up spending a little longer than an hour in the OR which adds to the facility few.

Currently, three days out now so still fairly swollen but based on how it looks now I'm hopeful it'll settle into a good place as the skin stretches. So far I would say it has definitely hurt for me though not in a way that's overwhelming but I'm only on Celebrex (an anti inflammatory) and extra strength Tylenol. I'll hopefully follow this up with more info as I progress.

One week post surgery

Went for my one week checkup today and my right side has been coming along but I have had more fluid build up on the left side. I hadn't had the best week for sleep due to catching up on work, which can hamper recovery. This weekend I'm hoping with some R&R for the left side to catch up healing-wise. My doctor also doubled my dosage of Celebrex.

He also had me go to get fitted for an underwire bra. I had been in a surgical bra since surgery and it's nice to not have so much compression on now. However, as someone who never wore a bra at home before, looking forward to not wearing a bra all the time at some point. I was sized as a British 34E, think equivalent DD. Quite a difference from being a B but it definitely doesn't look that large in my opinion.

3 weeks out

I'm a little over 3 weeks out of surgery now and it's starting to look more normal though my chest is still a bit itchy and stiff. One of my friends with implants mentioned that the nipples go through a lot of types of hypersensitivity and that's definitely happening for me. My left side has also taken longer to heal and on that side have more implant movement than on the right.

That said, I'm really happy with how normal they look in clothing and I know out of clothing they will probably look more natural in a month or two. A few people didn't even realize I had gotten implants which is amazing given the size differential. Only thing I can't wait for is to get back to my normal workouts /strength training to put everything together.
Dr. Nicholas Vendemia