39 Years Old. New York, NY

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

My nose implant is diagonal and has been since my...

My nose implant is diagonal and has been since my cast was removed. My doctor is acting nonchalant about the ordeal. What should I do? I'm not sure if implants are beneficial to patients who has thick skin. The third procedure I had an implant was also used but it was crooked at the very top. After my fourth procedure, it was clearly a placement issue. However, I'm not sure if there is a tool or technique to ensure that the implant is straight when placed and will keep it in place without it moving around. I hope all you experts will chime in a give me your opinions.

Month 5 post op

My implant (bridge) is clearly at an angle. I'm having a revision in December. I knew it was crooked from day one. Everyone else thought I was delusional because they thought it was swelling. I'm glad my doctor is willing to fix it because I hate taking photos with this crooked nose.

6 months post operation

What do you think?

Today December 22,2016 I had a revision rhinoplasty after six months.

I hope this one went well.

3 Weeks after Revision Rhinoplasty

My nose is still swollen

1 month after revision Rhinoplasty

The bridge looks slightly crooked because of swelling. Also the tip is still swollen.

1 month after revision Rhinoplasty

6 weeks post revision

It's still swollen at the top of my bridge and the nasal tip. Also I just visited doctor S in New York 3 days ago and he administered some Kenalog injections at the top of my bridge and the nasal tip.

Before any Rhinoplasty

As you can tell I had a bulbous tip. My goal was to achieve a more define nasal tip and bridge.

Two more pictures before any surgery

Dr. Oleh Slupchynskj

This is my fourth procedure and I'm not pleased at all. I chose this doctor because he suppose to be an African American rhinoplasty specialist. After I had the procedure, Dr. Oleh Slupchynskj never called me to see how I was doing. When I called him multiple times to inform him that my cast was loosening, he never answered nor returned my call. However, he did text but I felt that it was very impersonal. The doctor assured me that my nose would not be crooked after the procedure. I noticed when my cast came off that the implant was crooked and my nose looked diagonal on my face. I asked the doctor if he thought my nose was crooked and he stated that he thought it was just swollen. Everyone who I came in contact with as soon as my cast came off said that my nose was crooked. I've called my doctor many times after my post operation visit and I've only been successful talking to him once on the phone, that's even after leaving messages with his office staff while he was in the office. I feel humiliated and disrespected because I feel that my doctor doesn't give a darn. He charges an enormous amount of money but his work and bedside manners absolutely sucks. He thinks I should wait several months before he does a revision for something that was asymmetrical from the beginning. Just imagine you walking around with a diagonal nose on your face and your doctors says, I think we should wait. I've had other incompetent surgeons but they were a lot more concern and sympathetic. I've been texting him and talking to his office staff regarding him fixing my implant and he hasn't called me back yet.