FUT HAIR TRANSPLANT - Edges. New York, NY

Hi !! Okay so I've been suffering from what I...

Hi !! Okay so I've been suffering from what I belive traction alopecia or in the urban community "no edges". Finally, I decided to do something about it. I got tired of wearing weaves and done some online searching. I found Dr. Frank (NYC) and said to myself, it won't hurt for a consultation. I met with him for almost 2 hours going over what I needed. He was excited to work with me and said his job is to get my life back !! I pondered over the decision but after seeing more of his work, I decided to book an appointment. My date is March 5th ! I'm anxious and nervous at the same time !!! I just want to be able to one day go out in confidence and not worry about my hair !!

Pre Op

So my date got pushed up to tomorrow, March 4th !! I'm excited but a little nervous at the same time. Here's some pre op pictures.

Post Op

Yesterday was a long day!! Arrived at 8am.. Filled out paperwork and was given 2 pills to relax. I went over what I wanted my hairline to look like. After I was numbed in the donor area and a strip was removed. I watched a movie while they were disecting the grafts. I was then numbed in the front of my head. The longest part was them placing the grafts in the recipient area. That part is tedious and I was laying there for a few hours.

Last night I was a little in pain from the donor area so I took the prescribed medicine. I slept with the airline pillow around the neck on my lounge chair to avoid swelling. I've been spraying the saline that the clinic have me every 30-45 minutes.
That's it so far !!

Donor Scar 1 month post op

Here's a few pics of the donor scar, I think it's healing nicely! Itches tho!!!! :-/

3 days shy of 2 months

Update

Update

Just a little over 3 months and I'm seeing my first hairs coming in!! Still in the impatient waiting phase !!

Update!

Quick update! Progressing!

6 months

Update

First time in months to straighten my hair!
New York Hair Restoration Surgeon

Very professional and warming !! I have nothing bad to say. Dr. Frank was very caring called and sent messages pre and post op about any concerns I had! I would recommend! I'll complete the recommendation when I see some results!