Best Dermatologist in NYC - New York, NY

When I hit my thirties, the lines started...

When I hit my thirties, the lines started appearing. I wanted to do something about it, but I also didn't want to have anything done that would be obvious. After consulting a few dermatologists, I decided that Juvederm would be a great first start, but looking at their before and after pictures, I didn't feel comfortable. Those faces staring back at me obviously had work done. I wanted to look natural. That's when a friend suggested I see Dr. Buka. He had such a great bedside manner and really listened to what I wanted. He even asked what result I was looking for - when I told him I wanted to fill those lines but I wanted it to be a subtle change, he said he thought that was a great idea. He became my full-time dermatologist after that, and I consult him for everything that comes up and he always solves my problems with ease and with a smile. There was even a time when I was traveling, and I suspected that I might have shingles based on a couple bumps on my face. I texted him a photo, and he diagnosed it right away. I was able to get medication immediately, which saved me from a much worse fate. My eye doctor said that if I hadn't gotten diagnosed right away, the shingles would have likely affected my eyesight. Dr. Buka saved the day again!

Dr. Buka makes me feel completely at ease and has a wonderful office environment. I trust him completely when it comes to my skin health. I would recommend him to anyone who cares about their skin and wants a friendly and incredibly insightful doctor! He is a godsend!