Totally Worth It! - Netherlands, NL

After having thought about it for a long time I...

After having thought about it for a long time I decided to just take the plunge and do it. I did research few plastic surgeons in my area (Belgium and Netherlands) and decided to go with a female doctor. I felt that women doctors were more thoughtful and attentive than male doctors. Just my personal observation. Everything went so smooth. My first consultation was about an hour during which everything was explained to me in details. The doctor does only trim method. During my research I decided I personally preferred wedge method as the results are more natural. But I am very satisfied with trim method - looks very natural and even. Now finally, the lips are smaller and symmetrical. Exactly what I wanted. The procedure itself was not painful at all apart from the anaesthesia pricks. Lasted for about 30 min and I was done. Spent about 1 hour recovering and then went home. Maybe it's me but I had no major bleeding, no pain whatsoever. Did not take any painkillers. There was some minor discomfort for the first 3 days. After that I felt fine and after day 10 started doing some exercises. The stitches were resolvable and started falling off at day 12-13. Today I had my follow up and the nurse said it's healing perfectly. So all in all I highly recommend this procedure. Just research your doctor well and I'd recommend choosing a plastic surgeon rather than your OBGYN. Good luck!
Dr Derks