Officially Tucked!!! - Nebo, NC

I have been on realself for about 6 months or so...

I have been on realself for about 6 months or so reading as much as I can for my upcoming tummy tuck. I am a 39 year old mother of one 16 year old son and i have wanted to get this procedure done for years. I am very athletic and I workout 5-6 days a week. Like many of you, no matter how hard I worked out, I could not get rid of my loose skin. I only had one consultation and that was with Dr. John Hamel at Complete Laser Care Clinic in Nebo, NC. Dr. Hamel was very thorough during the consultation and answered all questions being that I would be awake during the procedure. I scheduled my procedure the same day of consultation and paid my deposit to secure my surgery date of December 12.

The day of surgery I was completely at ease and was not nervous at all. Before surgery Dr. Hamel said a prayer which was very comforting as I am a spiritual person. The most uncomfortable part of the entire process was the numbing. It did not hurt...it was just discomfort. I got liposuction of the flanks, bra rolls, and lower abdomen. I also was initially scheduled to get a bbl however according to Dr.Hamel, I did not have enough fat. I was not disappointed as I feel I already have nice size buttocks. I most definitely was not going to try to gain weight to increase my buttocks either. I worked out as much as possible before my surgery. My recovery has been great! I took pain meds the first 2 days and I am now officially off all pain medications. I was sent home with one drain which is draining less than 25 cc and I have my first post op appointment this Friday to have my drain removed. So far this has been a painless recovery and Dr. Hamel and his staff have been excellent! I will continue to update about my recovery as the days progress! Happy healing to all the ladies and gentlemen who have just recently went through surgery. Feel free to ask questions and i will do my best to answer!

more photos!

Here are some more photos from the day of surgery. I never weigh myself but I'm guessing that I was about 155-160 pounds and I am 5'9.

drain out!!!

Hello guys
I had my post op appointment today to remove my drain. It was painless and it literally to the dr about 15 seconds and it was out. I felt a little pinch when he cut the stiches that was holding the drain in place. He told me to breath and pulled the drain out. I didn't even know the drain was out! My recovery has been smooth so far and I couldn't be any happier with my results. I have been eating really healthy post surgery and I believe it has made a difference in ny recovery. Honestly...the worst part of recovery for me is the fact that I can't workout for 8 weeks. I will survive though????????????. Happy healing to everyone!!

quick update

Hello everyone
I hope and pray that recovery is going well for you guys. I have been taking it easy and enjoying being off. I go back to work tomorrow and I'm kinda looking forward to returning. I have been going crazy not being able to work out however I know that it's for the best. How long did you guys wait to start back working out for all you tummy tuck veterans out there? I have my next post op appointment on January 3rd so I will do another update after that appointment. I am standing more upright now and hopefully I will be able to stand fully straight by the time I have my next appointment. Here is an updated pic! Blessings to you all!! ?

Progress!

Wow...what a difference a couple of days make. Recovery is going good and I don't have any complaints. I went to my post op appointment on yesterday and my doctor is very pleased with my progress. I am still experiencing swelling and hardness around my abdomen. I know with time it will decrease. Here is an updated pic of my incision scar without the steri strips. My doctor changed them out yesterday and cleaned the scar. It felt really good. I was also give a massage and a skin tightening regimen where he put some type of gel on my abdomen and flanks and applied heat with a machine that gently massaged the gel into my skin. There is a name for this procedure but I can't think of it right now. Happy healing everyone!

1 month post op

I am officially 1 month post op and i feel great! I am pretty flat in the morning when I wake up but in the afternoons i start experiencing swelling. I am happy this far with my results. I still wear my binder at night when I go to bed and I also wear a faja...during the day after I get off work up until bed time. I have started doing light exercise such as walking. I am eagerly awaiting the moment tthat I can start back working out vigorously. My next post op appointment is on February 7 and i am hoping to start scar treatment at that time. Happy healing everyone!

2 months PO

Wow! I can't believe I am 2 months PO. Things are moving along really great. I almost have all of the feeling back in my tummy. I am sleeping on my sides but have not yet started to sleep on my tummy. I have also started back working out and I am loving it! I will start back working my abs this week as well! Life is good! HAPPY Healing everyone!!
Dr. John Hamel

Dr. Hamel and his staff were and still continue to be awesome! I would most definitely recommend him.