29 Year Old Stay at Home Mom - Nebo, NC

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I've decided to write a review bc I had all the...

I've decided to write a review bc I had all the same concerns about Dr hamel as well, him not being board certified an all. I saw a lot of his work on a tummy tuck Facebook group. I liked his work, they quoted me $5600 for tummy tuck and lipo of belly, flanks and full back via email. At actual consult in a mall (a little shady) he marked me up and quoted me $4000 cash price and I set my date for that same weekend! Honestly my biggest concern was not waking up from surgery, but with dr. Hamel he doesn't put you to sleep he just numbs you so my fears were calmed by that. My second concern was what was I supposed to do for 3 hours during surgery. I honestly didn't feel like I was there for 3 hours but it was a long time and it was very very uncomfortable! I would not do it again but I am glad I did it and I'm glad is over with. I am 17 days post op and I already love my results. I haven't had any complications and the Surgical coordinator is on call 24 7 and she is amazing!

Updated! 9 weeks today July 4th

Updated pix. Still loving my results, but have gained a little weight and I've started swelling since I've started working out and hanging out in this horrible heat!

Almost 2 years post

Since my surgery I've realized my tummy tuck may not have been done as good as it could have been. My scar is pretty bad compared to what I've seen on a lot of reviews. I have a lot of nerve damage/ issues. I still feel tender and sore when touched on or near my scar. Dr hamel has had his medical license suspended since my surgery per google (a few months afterwards actually) I wish I would have waited a little longer and done it the "right" way. I also have a little bit of "PTSD" from being awake from the surgery itself. Being awake is not the way to go. I def FEEL better than having hanging skin but I also know that it could BE better. It pretty much goes "you get what you pay for." I'm going to try to talk my husband into a revision soon. Im about 10 pounds heavier than when I had my surgery.
Dr. John Hamel

Very happy with the results!