36, Having a Mini Mak Lift at Complete Laser Clinic in Nebo, NC - Nebo, NC

I have hated my double chin my entire life. No...

I have hated my double chin my entire life. No matter how much weight I would lose, my chins would stick with me. I thought that just liposuction would be enough, but when I went for my in person consultation, we decided to take a more aggressive route and go for the mini lift.
The day of my surgery went well. All of the surgeries done by this group are done at their Nebo NC office (halfway between Asheville and Hickory). Dr. Maki and Dr. Hamel were both in pre-op with me to answer any last minute questions I had and I was more that comfortable going into surgery. They contained a wealth of information and were explain everything to me in laymen terms without talking "down" to me.
The surgery lasted 2 hours. I was awake, but very relaxed due to the Lorazepam given pre-op. I had very little discomfort on the drive home. I didn't need to stop on the way home to fill any medications because I was given everything I would need for the next few days (Rx for antibiotics, pain control, sleep, and nausea).
I was allowed to schedule my 24 hours post op appointment at any of the clinic's I chose, so I selected the one closest to me (Hickory) and was able to meet Dr. Larson. Again, another wonderful Dr., he was able to help me with the recovery information I needed and was very gentle in helping me remove and rewrap the bandages.
So far, I have no complaints about the surgery. If I had it all to do over again, knowing what I know now, I would not hesitate to do it over again the same way.

Day 4 post op

Things are healing well. And fast. Much faster than I expected. I am having some itching along the incision lines, and some bruising, but very little soreness. I am wearing my compression wrap 24/7, and only take it off to clean and rebandage the sutures. I am keeping the incisions covered with large non stick gauze pads and a liberal amount of Bacitraycin.
I washed my hair today for the first time since the surgery. I used baby shampoo because it was the most gentile thing I could think of.

Day 6.

I drove back to Atlanta today. My neck is a little sore but nothing terrible. My neck looks like I have jaundice. I shouldn't complain, I had absolutely no bruising on my face.

week 1 done

Things are continuing to heal quickly. I am thrilled with the results so far. My ears are still tender. I saw a side by side pic of me today and a week ago and can't believe the difference.

3 weeks post op

I know one of the big things people worry about with this surgery is the visible scarring around the ears, so here are some 3 week post op photos.

It feels like all of the stitches have dissolved. I was a little worried when it started happening because I had a few lumps form under my skin, but I called the Dr's office and they explained that this was normal. They were small, just a little larger than a grain of rice.

I have resumed all of my normal activities. I wear sunscreen anytime I leave the house.

Once again, I need to brag about Complete Laser Clinic. I live out of state so I can't exactly drop everything and run to the office if I have a problem. When I started freaking out about the lumps in my neck, it only took one phone call to get in touch with someone (Jennifer). She very patiently listened while I had a good old fashioned freak out, and then told me she would talk to the Dr. and call me back in 10 minutes. 8 minutes later, she was on the phone with me again with answers. It is a very big deal to me that I didn't need to wait around all day for someone to help me.
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

I was impressed by everyone at both clinics. The website was very informative and the doctors were very helpful. I didn't feel rushed at all, even though I asked several questions. The surgery center is located in a remodeled building, it looks a little "country" from the outside, but the inside is very professional. Dr. Maki is the one who preformed the lift, one that he actually developed and teaches other surgeons. On a sidenote, he listens to music while operating and he is a 80's-90's kind of guy.