Balloon Procedure -Spatz - London, GB

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I have the gastric balloon procedure a few days...

I have the gastric balloon procedure a few days ago. It is going really well. I had little nausea, absolutely no throwing up at all. What I did suffer from, was cramped stomach, burping and lots of loose wind. Thankfully it is mellowing down.

Three days in, I have started normal food. I had baby fruit pot for breakfast, for lunch, chicken and salad and yoghurt for supper. It went well, no throwing up at all. However, I had a really small portion. I will keep you all updated about my progress.

I had the Spatz balloon procedure, which means the balloon will be in for 12 months. The centre calls me every day to ensure all is well.

7 Days since the procedure.

It is 7 days since the procedure and all is well. No nausea, little cramping and still no vomiting. I have started the food program that was given to me by the centre. So far I have lost 5lbs. I am eating 3 meals a day, of course they are small meals. Today I had for lunch, grilled salmon, 2 tablespoons of grilled courgettes and 1 tablespoon rice. That filled me up. I always use the plate the centre provided me with, this ensures that my portions are right.

I have decided to start from training sessions at the gym on the 24th of November. I want to give myself a 4 weeks grace. I want the balloon to settle in further. I must admit, I have been very lucky, the balloon settled in from get on, which has made things a little easier for me. I am still burping away, however it is easing off.

I will keep you updated.
Dr Premchand

Dr Premchand, was amazing. He explained the procedure to me and answered all my questions. The procedure was done within 20 minutes I was in the hospital for 90 minutes in total.