My Smile Direct Club Experience! - Nashville, TN

So since the company is still relatively new, I...

So since the company is still relatively new, I figured I'd add my two cents as well. ????

So far I've had a good experience with SDC. My teeth are very crowded but I was approved anyway. Yippee!

Here is the process so far for myself:

6/21/16 - started process, did photo assessment and consent/dental history, photo assessment approved!

6/22/16 - impression kit shipped

6/30/16 - received impression kit

7/1/16 - shipped impressions back to SDC

7/6/16 - Package arrived at SDC facility

7/7/16 - impressions approved and I authorized full payment

7/12/16 (today) - still waiting for treatment plan

So that's it so far. I'm eagerly awaiting to see my treatment plan so I will update when it comes! Hopefully it'll be here soon!

Well I guess my journey stops here. I received an email from the company today that read as follows:

"After viewing your impressions and the treatment setup created by our lab, the CA dental professional assigned to your case has determined that you would be best suited by visiting a local orthodontist in your area.The licensed dental professional believes that the results would be below our standard of care. They recommend that you seek conventional orthodontic treatment.

A refund in the amount of 49.00 has been issued to your Visa.

We appreciate the interest in using SmileDirectClub. Let us know if you have any questions.

Have a Great Day,
Susan W"

Soooo that really stinks. I've had my hopes up for weeks since both my photos and impressions were approved. Oh well, just wanted to update and let everyone know not everyone is a candidate. :-(
Smile Direct Club