Frustrated with Fulfillment Delays/Over Promise/Under Deliver - Nashville, TN

I am into what should be my third month. "Should...

I am into what should be my third month. "Should be" because SmileDirect is clearly struggling with fulfilling their orders on time. Frankly from the beginning, everything has taken longer than expected, and their customer device is surprisingly short and dismissive, rarely do they answer a question correctly the first time. It is frustrating to be in limbo, 3rd week in the same set of aligners (should be only two weeks) without knowing when the new set will arrive. Plus knowing that every week delayed is another week in aligners of my original 8 month plan. Frustrations are as follows

-location for exam here in Nashville was very hard to find, poorly identified, and seemed 3rd rate. Staff was very friendly.

The review time, approval, delivery of first aligners was nearly two months.

Paying in full was supposed to get you ALL your aligners in one shipment, which they have now denied. You do get "whitener" and retainer you will need when treatment is done, not sure the value in all this.

Was also promised a video progression of how the aligners will move teeth, step by step. What I got was a before and after generated image. Again, falling short of promise and expectation

First shipment took over week and a half to be delivered from the day of shipment (from a location 15 miles from my house!!). Speed to market has continued to be a problem from that point. SD clearly has production/fulfillment problems with the product which is extremely frustrating with a time seditive treatment

That being said, I have found wearing of the trays pretty straightforward. I'm anxious to see the final outcome, if it comes!!

Month Three aligners arrived one week late

I received my month three shipment a week late. When I questioned why the very friendly agent suggested they had some difficulty in obtaining materials for the impressions. With that I was offered $100 refund on my order.

My plan calls for two sets of trays, one week each, then 3rd trays for two weeks). These first week trays seem much thinner than others in the past, no snap. My top, which needs less correction, hardly seems to even engage my teeth. bottom tray, which is normally quite snug, also fits more easily than any prior. anyway, trusting in the process for now, we shall see how next weeks fit. 6 months to go!!

Before and after Pics

no video depiction of my progress as promised, just before and after pics.

Getting back on track

After some earlier delays, my 4th set of three aligners were shipped in time so I am back on my original schedule (after only wearing my two week set for one week!!)

All seems as usual and there is noticeable progress, especially on my lower teeth that needed the greatest adjustment. The current set hurt the inside of my lower gums but I was able to trim them with some small scissors and now they feel great. I do not recommend using the sanding board they give you to make adjustments to your trays. what you end up with is the same problem you had but now with a rough surface!! I trim away VERY gradually with scissors until I get relief and without altering the integrity of the aligner. it often just takes removing a very small sliver to make a huge difference in comfort. Anyway, almost half way there and excited to see the changes.
Local office

Couldn't say, clearly person doing exam was some sort of tec but not a dental professional. They took scans and pictures is all