31-year-old; Removal of Three-year-old Breast Implants Under Local Anesthetic - Nashville, TN

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I underwent a breast augmentation in Dallas, Texas...

I underwent a breast augmentation in Dallas, Texas three years ago, an attempt to alleviate severe asymmetries and unsatisfactory results after pregnancy and breastfeeding. Due to irregularities in my ribcage and chest, my new breasts (silicone, 225 and 300 high profile implants) were incredibly close together and, in time, developed a slight case of symmastia. This condition became uncomfortable, both physically and cosmetically, and eventually lead to the ultimate decision to remove the implants altogether.

Since I was new to the Nashville area, I began looking for a local plastic surgeon who would be willing and able to remove my implants, preferably in-office under a local anesthetic (my implants were new and in good condition). Research led me to Dr. Griffin, who was--upon meeting for our first consultation--both extremely knowledgable and also very kind. He did not pressure me to replace my implants or make me feel insecure about having them removed. Dr. Griffin and his staff maintained a professional, helpful demeanor during each of my pre and post operative visits.

My explant surgery was preformed in Dr. Griffin's office with the assistance of a local anesthetic. The procedure was, as promised, completely and totally comfortable and pain-free. Dr. Griffin and his nurse, Michelle, were diligent and comforting as they walked me through each step of the procedure, assuring that I was cared for and aware. In addition to impeccable bedside manners, Dr. Griffin and his staff were thorough and well-skilled, taking extra time to make sure I was happy with the results of my procedure and, afterwards, to explain proper aftercare techniques, as well as answer any questions I had.

I couldn't be more pleased with my experience in Dr. Griffin's care. I will happily refer his services to others, and I will certainly revisit his office for any of my future cosmetic needs.

Updated Pre-explant Pics

These two photos show the symmastia, as well as the severe drop in my right breast over the course of six months.

My explant stitches will be removed tomorrow, so I'll be back to share post-explant photos then. Thanks.

ETA: Post-explant picture

I opted not to wait on the post-explant pictures. This is five days post-explant.
Nashville Plastic Surgeon

Helpful, professional, humble, thorough, knowledgable.