Botox - First Injectables in Journey to Best Me - Nashville, TN

Last year I lost about 60 lbs (yay me!). One of...

Last year I lost about 60 lbs (yay me!). One of the unexpected side effects of weight loss was how much the slimming aged my face. I decided to spend the last quarter of this year getting my look refreshed with fillers, micro needling and other non-invasive work.

A few days before my birthday I decided to bite the bullet and called to see if a local medspa that got great reviews had any openings. Luckily for me they did the next day and I got my first round of Botox. Pricing was $13 per unit and at 28 units I ended up walking out the door around $500. This is not the cheapest place in town. However I'm not sure I trust my face to a salon with a part-time injector. I think this is just something you cannot scrimp on.

The staff made me feel incredibly comfortable and my injector spent time explaining how the product worked, asking me about my goals and expectations and examining my facial structure.

I did have a little Botox headache around day 4-5 as the muscles began to work differently but it was easily abated with ibuprofen.

I'm anxious to see how my results improve in the coming weeks but I have already had many compliments of how much less tired I look. I had tiny pinpricks at the injection sites but no bruising, swelling or broader telltale signs.

I go back next month for Voluma and will post a review of that experience.

2 weeks later...

I thought I would post a 2-week update. I had my Botox on Sep 28. I think it is looking really good and the forehead continues to improve. I made add a bit more in the 11a next time. This photo, like all the others, is with full smile.
Skin RN

Christy was amazing! She explained everything, went over my options and made me feel completely comfortable.