Still Sexy at Sixty-five - Naples, FL

?I found Dr. Argarwal on the Realself website.

I found Dr. Argarwal on the Realself website. I chose him for my consultation for many reasons. I liked him because he is a “facial” plastic surgeon – specializing only in the face. I read the reviews of his work on RealSelf, which were all excellent. That in itself was impressive. Then I searched the internet for other reviews about Dr. Argarwal, and I only found wonderful things said about him. Finally I visited his website. I saw his offices, television interviews and awards, and I was impressed. Only after I had researched him completely did I call for an appointment.

Dr. Argarwal examined my face thoroughly, pulling and pushing and observing my skin. I came, Visa card in hand, ready for anything he would suggest. But he “wowed” me right off the bat during that first meeting when he said he didn’t think I was a good candidate for a facelift! He thought my skin was too thin. Can you imagine that – a doctor with that strong a moral compass to turn down an easy 20K just because it was the right thing to do? Now I was listening.

That day he filled the deep creases around my mouth with Juvederm, and we made an appointment for fat transfer and CO2 Laser later that week. We did those procedures and although recovery was no picnic, it was nothing compared to facelift or eyelift surgery. So often with any esthetic treatment, you pay your money gladly just for the hope of looking a little better – but Dr. A really delivered. The fat transfer got rid of that gaunt, prunish look, fleshing out my face for a more youthful appearance. The Co2 laser did wonders for my skin, actually tightening the skin under my eyes, taking the place of eyelift surgery. I could not believe it - no scalpel, no IV, and real results! I will do that Co2 laser again next year! So you live under a box for a week or 2 and then voila – a new refreshed look!

Dr. A kept a bit of my harvested fat frozen, so that 2 months later he could “touch up” any places that might need it. I had had some real problems from a previous face lift 10 years ago that left me with a disfiguring stitch rejection scar, and a scar where the surgeon’s scalpel came too close to the skin’s surface that made me look like I spent my free time sword fighting! A second go at those places with the reserved fat yielded surprisingly good results. Although I know those places are still there, they are much less visible especially with make-up.

The other thing Dr. A did for me – my idea not his – was a Juvederm lip enhancement. At first, I thought I had really gone too far. But as the swelling subsided over the subsequent weeks, I was pleased. I had had a beautiful mouth as a young woman, but over the years my lips had thinned. He gave me back my pretty little mouth!

So now we have a relationship, Dr. A. and I. I trust him completely to tell me the truth. He won’t do anything that he doesn’t think will be of benefit to me. He is brilliant with a needle, I must say! The Juvederm hardly bruised at all and the fat transfer/co2 laser were very skillfully done! I am enjoying my rejuvenation – bought some new clothes, walking a little taller, smiling more and feeling pretty again! Doing my happy dance, thanks to you, Dr. A!

Swelling Continues to Subside

As time goes on, swelling from the fat transfer continues to subside. I understand, that during the next 6 months, the co2 laser will continue to build coligen, and my skin quality will improve. I am so pleased with this decision! I won't need the fat transfer, but next year I will do the co2 laser again.

Four months later:

Still having a little residual tenderness in my cheeks from the fat transfer which was a much more difficult procedure than the CO2 Fractional Laser. The swelling is just about gone. I'm looking like myself, only better!

Four Months Later ...

Dr. A was right - it keeps getting better. After 4 months these doctor office photos tell the tale. It was expensive and no walk in the park, but oh so worth it. I will do it again.
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon