Mini TT, Vaser and Breast Uplift 7th Dec 2015 London MYA Clinic

Hi All! Been reading reviews on this site leading...

Hi All!

Been reading reviews on this site leading up to my op so thought I'd pay it back and post my own while passing the time recovering!

I'm 25 years old, and have struggled with my body since my early teens. I had a pretty unhealthy relationship with food for a long time and my weight yo-yoed for a number of years. I reached a point where I was in a good place with myself, eating right and exercising 4-5 times a week but there's nothing I could do to get rid of excess on my stomach and sad boobies after years of mistreating my body.

So I decided to go ahead and get a breast lift and vaser, I went to see Mr Marcellino (after seeing some other surgeons who left a lot to be desired! One tried to get me to liposuction my back....) and he told me a mini tt with vaser would be better as I didn't have that much fat left on my stomach, but what I thought was fat was a pocket of skin left over from my weight going up and down for so long.

He was very honest and to the point, didn't give me any false promises and I decided to go ahead.

Day of the surgery came crazy quick! I'd never even been to hospital so was pretty nervous about being put under. The issue was the waiting, I was admitted at 11am and wasn't taken down until 5pm....that's a lot of thinking time! When I was taken down the anaesthetist and nurses were great, really put me at ease and next thing I knew...boom! Waking up.

The pain was a lot more than I thought it would be, I'd never even broken a bone so maybe I'd never really experienced real pain. Boobs were fine, it was the tummy. The foam garment was so tight across my incision it was burning with pain, and THE DRAINS OH THE DRAINS!!!! Every time I moved the one in my groin was like a hot dagger exploding into me, it was horrible. The next day I was expecting to be seen at about 2pm. I was seen by a doc at 3 who looked at the fluid in my drains and said I needed to stay in another night :(

My mum made a fuss about not being told this earlier when I had leaked that much fluid by the morning and they could have gone home, but to be honest my mum makes a fuss doing the weekly shop so I wasn't surprised...

I had my drains changed and my surgeon came to see me that night around 10pm. He cut my vest down where it was digging into my breasts and reassured me he'd see me before my discharge tomorrow. The care was excellent, lovely private room with satellite TV and the nurses really took care of me, coming at all hours still smiling to help me to the loo, etc.

The next day I'd only leaked a little bit more so it was time to get the drains out (yay!) and go home. I was so relieved getting them out it didn't really hurt (apart from the one in the groin). The nurses came to change my dressings and I got my first peek! Then it was on the way home.

The past 4 days I've been resting at my parents (my mum is a nurse so I can't complain about the care!) and I've had good and bad days. The vest is killing me. Hurting my back, digging into my incisions and I just can't see how I'll wear this for 6 weeks! But not thinking about that yet. Again the main pain is from the stomach not the boobies, but trying not to stretch too much. Really happy so far at the difference but I know there's a way to go. My first post op is on Monday and will update then!

Mini tt vaser & uplift photos

Strapping off!

3 weeks post op

Have an infection :( but other than that healing well. On antibiotics and seeing my clinic in a few days
London Plastic Surgeon