Big Pillows Under my Eyes Needed to Go, and I Threw the Uppers in There Too - Mount Vernon, WA

I just had my upper and lower eyelids done today. ...

I just had my upper and lower eyelids done today. It included a transconjunctival blepharoplasty, eye pinch and repositioning through IV sedation and local anesthesia. I originally only wanted the lowers since the uppers didn't really bother me, but I had some droopiness so I thought I'd take care of those as well. I'm glad I did since I can already see a difference and didn't realize just how much they'd dropped over time. I also had a large raised mole that had been bothering me for years shaved (150.00), as a recommendation over an excision. I can always decide to excise it later if need be.

It went very well, hardly any pain and minimal swelling and bruising so far although it's supposed to show more in a day or two. I did start taking arnica a couple of weeks before so I'm not sure if that helped. My left, 'lower' eye, has a little more bruising but that one also had the more penouced bag.

I felt very comfortable with Dr. Grant, from our initial consultation, pre op and through the procedure. I have a follow up tomorrow morning, then 3 more at the one week, two week and one month marks. I'll update throughout the healing process. Very excited to update my progress and see the final result!

Next day's follow up...

According to the Dr. Grant, it seems to be doing well, although the seepage over night made it look worse. Little more swelling but not too bad but still startling when I first looked at myself in the mirror. Other than some headaches, there's been really no pain. If I didn't look so scary, I'd go shopping! Lol! I'm continuing with the erythromycin ophthalmic cream on my lids and prednisolone eye drops.

Ive added a couple of photos of the mole I had shaved.

My next follow up appt is on the 22nd when my sutures will be removed.

Day 4...

I wasn't going to update until after my follow up on day 7 but I'm amazed at the progress. Swelling better and bruising on the right eye is pretty much gone and left is a lot better.

Day 6...stitches out tomorrow!

Looks better every day. Scabs are slowly coming off and bruising is almost all yellow with on my cheek near the tape.

Day 7...Stitches out!

Day 7... Had a good follow up appointment this morning and finally feeling like a human again. No pain when removing the sutures. Just waiting for my scars and stitch spots to heal....with no bags! Still working on the taking care of the mole and doing what I can so there's minimum scarring there.

Day 9...some makeup

It's getting better...just wish that one little sliver of bruise under my right eye would go away! There's still some numbness, more under my right eye on the sides of my nose and upper cheek area but almost gone.

Day 11

Ugh I wish this sliver of bruise or whatever it is will go away. It hasn't faded since I took my stitches out on day 7. I have another follow up on the Wednesday/29th so I'll ask the PS then since I have a feeling it'll still be there.

Day 19

Still a little swelling under my left eye but very minimal. I stepped in the sun for this shot....and yes with a ton of sunscreen! The mole that was removed from below the left corner of my mouth seems to be fading nicely also.

Wow can't believe it's been a year. Still happy with my results.

Just met with my PS for my final follow up. I've noticed comments about how big my eyes are haha. I've posted some before and afters. I didn't realize how bad they looked before. Looks like a mug shot.
Dr. Jonathan Grant

Dr. Grant is very personable and took the time to answer any questions or concerns I had. I decided to go with him due to his specialty on the face and eyes, experience, and his bedside manner. Also, every staff member from his center, Cascade Facial Surgery & Aesthetics, that I've encountered have been so friendly and professional as well. My upper and lower blepharoplasty journey has only begun and I look forward to documenting my progress along the way. So far so good...