41 Y/o Mom of 3 Finally Getting Teeth Straightened - Mount Pleasant, SC

I have a slight overbite that has never bothered...

I have a slight overbite that has never bothered me very much. Did retainers as a child and they didn't help too much, never wanted the railroad track braces. As I have aged I have noticed my front teeth shifting and that bothers me. So I will be doing the Invisalign 14 month program to correct crooked front teeth and to bring my top canines forward and inline with front teeth.
Trays were ordered May 13 and now we are just waiting for them to come in, will update when I start wearing.

Halfway through first my first tray!

Finally started last Friday, July 30. The first couple days were uncomfortable and my teeth felt tight and "mushy" all at the same time. I took Tylenol pretty much around the clock and wine also helped! Lol

I don't think I have ever brushed my teeth so much in my life. It's such a hassle to take out the aligners to eat, I think this Invisalign could be a new weight loss thing. I find myself eating less often because I don't want to have to take them out, eat, brush my teeth, brush the aligners... Lol Might have straighter teeth and weigh less after this is all done! Win-win

Started Tray 2 last night, Aug 6

So tray 2 went in really tight and I hadn't realized how loose my first tray must have become. Took Tylenol before bed and either I am used to it or I was exhausted, because I didn't have a difficult night sleeping.

A little tight, but I am dealing! This tray I will try to be better and not drink coffee-at least the first week, with the tray in. I was surprised at how yellow my first tray was compared to the new one!

Nearing the end?

At about my halfway point in treatment my two top teeth that are on each side of my front middle ones were not tracking and we had to file off the points, take new molds, and await a new set of trays. This added almost a month to my treatment, as well as a couple trays I wore a week longer than normal since there was a little gap still in between the tray and bottom of teeth we're trying to move.

Bringing out the two teeth has caused my overbite to increase by a couple mm, not much but it "feels" noticeable to me. When we did the mid-treatment re mold, we looked at correcting the overjet, but the computer models show that it would shift my midline to off center and that was really noticeable.

I did find about 6 months into treatment a little device that changed my life! A sonic denture or ortho device cleaner! The isonic F3900 ultrasonic cleaner on Amazon. It's fabulous! $35, and works better than brushing the trays. They get very clean with just water. I use retainer brite tablets in it, and have had no issue with the device or trays. I was initially using the Invisalign crystals available on the Invisalign site. However, they're pretty pricey if your OCD like me and using them twice per day! The retainer brite doesn't do quite as good, but they are fresh and clean, at a fraction of the cost. Also, no discolor from using toothpaste and no more accidentally tearing trays from brushing too hard.
Mount Pleasant Orthodontist

I was referred to Dr. Gardner by my dentist, whose children also see Dr. Gardner-that was enough of a god reference for me! Her staff is very friendly and welcoming. Dr. Gardner was super friendly and made me feel comfortable. She was encouraging and also realistic, she knew what I wanted and didn't try to steer me into more than I was prepared to do. If I went with a 22 month program with bands I could achieve near perfect results. However, since the overbite didn't bother me, and Dr. Gardner knew I wasn't thrilled about wearing these longer than a year, she agreed that the short course of fixing the canines and crooked teeth was sufficient.