38 Years Old, 5'8", 293 Lbs. Montreal, QC

I took the decision of getting a sleeve after...

I took the decision of getting a sleeve after gaining a lot of weight after back surgery. The waiting time was a bit over a year. I tried to lose weight by myself while waiting but my physical condition made it hard and i gained instead of losing. Ive gained about 60 pounds between the time of back pain and surgery.

Im 5'8" was 294 in dec 2015- my highest ever. 282 at time of surgery, 270 2 weeks post op and i am now 246 2 months post op.

Life after sleeve is not easy. After and before surgery i was never hungry. Now I'm starving all the time. I eat so little that i need to eat every 2-3 hours. I have cramps if i eat too fast or too much and i get sick if i get bothered while eating. Im working on eating slow. Ive always been an healthy eater and only drank water so the diet is easy on me.

Im not a meat person so i had to adjust in order to get all my protein. I use to be a big drinker but find it hard to absorb all the necessary liquid.

I sometimes get impatient and wish the weight would come off faster but over all i have no regrets. I have been able to get back to the gym 5 times a week, which was my main goal.

update 4 months

I'm down 82 pounds so far. Still working out 6 days a week but still encounter plateau where I get stock for about two weeks. It's annoying but part of the game. Still hurting when I eat but less hungry than i was. Losing a lot of hair. It started a month ago. I sometimes fear that I'm going to lose all my hair.

picture update

7 months update

Just a quick update.

Weight 195 yay! Not in the 200 anymore

I now walk to and from work about 1h20 each way (14km) and go to the gym 3 times a week.

Still losing a lot of hair and it's pretty annoying but part of the journey i guess.

8.5 months update

I'm now at 182 and wearing size 29 jeans

So a total lost of 110.

Issues: still see myself as overweight and loose skin.

Looking for a good Surgeon. Was thinking about going to Mexico but will really have to read the reviews.

I feel way better in terms of back and knees pain. It's day and night. No regrets, just dealing with a different life.

jan-sept 2016