38 Years Old, 5'8", 293 Lbs. Montreal, QC

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I took the decision of getting a sleeve after...

I took the decision of getting a sleeve after gaining a lot of weight after back surgery. The waiting time was a bit over a year. I tried to lose weight by myself while waiting but my physical condition made it hard and i gained instead of losing. Ive gained about 60 pounds between the time of back pain and surgery.

Im 5'8" was 294 in dec 2015- my highest ever. 282 at time of surgery, 270 2 weeks post op and i am now 246 2 months post op.

Life after sleeve is not easy. After and before surgery i was never hungry. Now I'm starving all the time. I eat so little that i need to eat every 2-3 hours. I have cramps if i eat too fast or too much and i get sick if i get bothered while eating. Im working on eating slow. Ive always been an healthy eater and only drank water so the diet is easy on me.

Im not a meat person so i had to adjust in order to get all my protein. I use to be a big drinker but find it hard to absorb all the necessary liquid.

I sometimes get impatient and wish the weight would come off faster but over all i have no regrets. I have been able to get back to the gym 5 times a week, which was my main goal.

update 4 months

I'm down 82 pounds so far. Still working out 6 days a week but still encounter plateau where I get stock for about two weeks. It's annoying but part of the game. Still hurting when I eat but less hungry than i was. Losing a lot of hair. It started a month ago. I sometimes fear that I'm going to lose all my hair.

picture update

7 months update

Just a quick update.

Weight 195 yay! Not in the 200 anymore

I now walk to and from work about 1h20 each way (14km) and go to the gym 3 times a week.

Still losing a lot of hair and it's pretty annoying but part of the journey i guess.

8.5 months update

I'm now at 182 and wearing size 29 jeans

So a total lost of 110.

Issues: still see myself as overweight and loose skin.

Looking for a good Surgeon. Was thinking about going to Mexico but will really have to read the reviews.

I feel way better in terms of back and knees pain. It's day and night. No regrets, just dealing with a different life.

jan-sept 2016

11 months update

Time goes by so fast. I'm now at 11 months. 175 lbs, wearing m/m clothe size. less hair, loose skin and i have no regrets. still the best decision i've made.

i will admit that living with sleeve is sometimes hard when you dont want to share your experience with your coworker or dates and that you go to restaurant, christmas party, business trip etc and that you only have few bites of each meal course that is being served and that your coworkers end up eating the rest of your meal and that you dont feel like saying.. i had gastric sleeve.

strangely i felt sexier at 240 than i do now. maybe because of the skin, not sure. i want to date but i feel fat...... even if i know that i am not really a plus size anymore.

i wanted to do a full body lift this winter but i still want to lose another 20-25 pounds so i will wait until the summer.

i encourage all who had gastric surgery to be patient. results come with dedication and to be careful as it is super easy to gain the weight back.
Dr. Sebastian Demyttenaere