Facelift at 57, What a Relief! - Montreal, QC

After many years of pulling up the sides of my...

After many years of pulling up the sides of my cheeks and worrying about the general sagging particularly around my lower face and neck, some recent new creases and folds were emerging that I found particularly aging and disturbing to my general appearance. Most of these recent developments came from old acne scars from years of cystic acne that now were creating hollows in my chin area that led to unusual creases as I aged. Also, the neck started to have some vertical hanging skin that did not bode well for the future. This is when I seriously considered a lower face and neck lift. When I found Dr. Mark Samaha's website and saw how natural his results were for women who had facelifts and fat transfers, I went for a consultation and made the decision to have these procedures done. I decided to act now to set my aging process back a few years and to prevent future aging from advancing poorly.
Deciding whether or not to get a facelift confronts many people as they age, and it was certainly on my mind for the past five years or more. Less than three weeks ago, at 57, I finally went through with it and what I was hoping for is what I see looking back at me in the mirror. I am very pleased with the results!
I think it is normal to fear a surgical procedure that will have consequences in your daily life, but with Dr. Samaha in charge, you can have confidence that you are entrusting your future appearance to someone with refined aesthetic sense and surgical skill. Dr. Samaha's excellent judgment and procedural knowledge are qualities that enable you to trust this doctor to create results that are natural and in good taste.
Specifically, I had a lower face and neck lift and fat transfers to my cheeks, the folds around the nose and to my chin area. I am particularly happy with the area around my mouth and chin. As mentioned above, recent aging made old scarring from years of cystic acne emerge (or collapse into depressions in the skin) and cause new creases to appear on the chin. Dr. Samaha was able to get rid of these almost completely with results that surpassed my best hopes. The rest of my face and neck looks great too!
The recovery was a bit intense in the first few days, not so much with pain, but with swelling and tightness. You have to be prepared for that. Having someone around who can help with the ice packs to reduce swelling is lovely if you are lucky enough. My husband was very helpful and I think this together with my own attentive self-care seemed to promote speedy healing. Taking care of the sutures around the ears seemed to pay off. Now, only two and a half weeks later, I am pretty much recovered with only the scars behind the ears and under the chin slowly dissolving and fading. There is a tight sensation under my chin (from ear to ear) and some numbness, but it is now mild and bearable. The doctor says the tightness is a good sign that the procedure is and will remain effective. The numbness will also fade as the nerve endings reconnect to the tissues that were affected.
I now feel relieved that I no longer look older than my age, and of course the extra bonus is that I look some years younger. I no longer obsess about any hanging folds or creases when I look in the mirror. I feel and look natural.

If you are evaluating which doctor you should choose for a facelift, I strongly recommend Dr. Samaha. You can have confidence that you will be making the right decision, that your best interests will be a priority and that he will exercise the procedure skillfully with a discerning sense of taste.
Montreal Facial Plastic Surgeon

In addition to the essential qualities you want in a plastic surgeon of aesthetic judgment and surgical skill, Dr. Samaha is personable and answered questions with explanations I needed to understand the healing process and this was very reassuring and much appreciated. His staff was also enthusiastically supportive before and after the procedure. This made me feel that they were excited with the improvements on my behalf, which I thought it was surprisingly sweet of them.