30 Year Old Fat Transfer and Scar Revision Surgery - Montclair, NJ

Hello all! I wanted to share my experience with my...

Hello all! I wanted to share my experience with my scar revision and fat transfer surgery. I had such an amazing experience with Dr. Dibernardo. Here is some background on myself- When I was 14 years old I had a fiber cyst removed from my arm, it was a benign tumor. When I woke up from my surgery, my doctor told me that in addition to removing my tumor, he also had to remove half of my bicep. I was absolutely crushed by this news. I dreaded the thought of seeing my arm without all of the bandages. When I finally saw my arm I was heartbroken. I had a huge new scar and I only had half of my bicep left. Following my surgery, I had a few sessions of radiation therapy to kill any cells that could potentially grow. According to my surgeon at the time – it was an aggressive fiber cyst that could wrap around my arm and potentially lead to the loss of my arm.
For the past 15 years I have been so insecure about the huge scar and dent in my arm. I finally decided that it was time to take action and see what my options would be. I came in for a consultation with Dr. Dibernardo and every fiber of my being knew that he was the right surgeon for me. He shared some of his background with me and said that he had previously specialized in mastectomy reconstruction surgeries and he was familiar with working with radiated skin. He suggested using my own fat (from my stomach) and filling the depression in my arm with that. For the scar- he suggested cutting it out and creating a brand new, thinner scar. He would then follow that up with laser scar treatments to make the scar barely noticeable. I felt very confident with his suggestions and I decided to move forward with the surgery. I had my surgery on July 19th 2016. I came in for my two day post-op visit on July 21st. When all of the surgical dressings on my arm were removed, I looked in the mirror at my “new arm” and I was moved to tears (happy tears). My arm no longer had a dent, and my new scar was paper thin! The surgery was a great success! I am so very excited to see what the finished product will look like. I am so impressed by Dr. Dibernardo’s work. I highly recommend him to anyone considering plastic surgery. Dr. Dibernardo is a true artist and he has changed my life for the better. I am so happy!
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

I highly recommend Dr. DiBernardo, he has been excellent!