I had my SmartLipo today. I tried to talk myself...

I had my SmartLipo today. I tried to talk myself out of it so many times. But my nurse Emmalynn kept reassuring me I was a perfect candidate n it was easy breezy. So I decided to proceed. Today was my surgery. Nervous as can be. Being Awake!!!! Not what I wanted but the pill was suppose to relax me n I hoped I would fall asleep. Sadly neither happened.

Pros an Cons:

Con: your awake for the whole thing n it takes every minute of the 3 hours your in there. Pill did not work. I felt discomfort at times some stinging. Basically I felt it all! Very weird but not a nightmare like I thought it would. N if I had to I would do it again.

Pro's: Doctor Leahy n Emmalynn were fab!!! Talked to me the whole time cutting the edge. Played music to make me comfortable. After the SmartLipo there was no pain. The only discomfort was the actual surgery. Major plus to get up n walk out go shopping n dinner. Its been 7 hours since I hvnt taken one pain pill.

Still draining. Sorry no pics except of my fat. Will post pics soon. Very swollen still. But not uncomfortable. Will also be performing my breast augmentation.

1st day Post Op

Very swollen. Little Sore like I did Core. But very manageable. No Pain no pills.

Day 1

Very sore pelvic region ballooned up like a watermelon. Manageable no need for pain pills.

Day 2

Sore but much better today. Can touch abdominal area now. Swelling in pelvic region has gone down some. Still swollen n tender. Very Manageable.

Day 4

Still sore to the touch. Massaged abdominal region for about an hour no pain. All swolleness in pelvic region gone. Thank goodness. To early for results. Belly ballooned up after hving big meal. Nurse warned me it would take time and I would think that I looked exactly the same as befre. She was right! Garment in the way but feels fine on.

One week post-op

Had stitches removed. So glad they were starting to itch. Hope I don't scar. The incision points were very small. Little sore to touch started Massaging more with Bio-oil. Still wearing garment at night. Body is difinetly different. Can't wait to not be so bloated n hv a flatter stomach. Very lucky I did not bruise.

Before Pics

Just got my befre pics from nurse. Omg what a difference. So glad I got this done!
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Great staff. Great Doctor great nurse. Highly recommend. Very down to earth easy to talk to. Not like other doctors.