1st Step Toward the New Me! Modesto, CA

Hello RealSelf world! I have spent so many hours...

Hello RealSelf world! I have spent so many hours on this site reading and looking at pictures; I have finally decided it is my turn to share my journey!
A little about me:
I am 28 years old and I teach English and coach high school water polo. I have 3 daughters: ages 5,3,1. I spent my entire childhood/youth overweight. On March 21, 2006 I underwent Gastric Bypass Surgery at the age of 18. I played college water polo, at the time, and was in excellent health, but was extremely overweight. Despite swimming 9,000 yards a day, I could not get the weight off of me. I am 5'6, and when I had GB surgery I weighed 274 lbs. Since my surgery, I have ALWAYS struggled with saggy skin on my tummy and my legs look awful. :-( My breasts were their own saggy little entity; until now! After GB surgery, the lowest weight I had ever gotten to was 163lbs. During my pregnancies, I usually got up to about 200, but then would strive to make sure I lost it all. I always seemed to plateau in the low 160s and ranged between a size 10-12.
In August 2014, I had my 3rd daughter, and I am done having children!!! This last year, I have worked very hard and I am extremely excited to announce that I currently weigh 138lbs and I am a size 4! It is very exciting, but my skin is even more saggy than before, and my breasts turned into droopy nothingness! So, I sought out a well known plastic surgeon, who has amazing reviews, and began taking the first steps of my "new me" journey!

Breast lift Before

Morning of surgery. 12/17/15
I was very nervous, not about the pain, nor going under, nor the anesthetics, I was nervous about the results.
Post 130 pound weight loss and 3 babies.

Back at home!! 12/17/15

My surgery was scheduled for 11:00 on Thursday, December 17th and to be honest, I was mostly worried about the IV. I have had terrible experiences with nurses and IVs!!!!
Below is my step-by-step experience for the day of surgery:
10:00- surgery check in. Staff was wonderful, got undressed, met my nurse (who was wonderful!), and the anesthesiologist (who was absolutely hilarious!) He made me feel great and even numbed my hand before putting in the IV so I didn't feel a thing! :-)
12:00- Finally taken back to surgery room. Dr. Enevoldsen has a surgical room at his office so I didn't have to go to a hospital; that is really nice. I remember laying down on the table and the anesthesiologist telling me you will feel a burning in your hand, which I did, and then POOF!
After this, I have no recollection of time. I remember the burning and then waking up to the nurse saying, "OK, Ashley, it is time to wake-up my dear." I was so out of it!! I felt extremely tired and a burning sensation in my breasts. I remember getting into my mom's car but then nothing until I woke up at home on m y couch. My husband was waiting for me when I got home, I guess, gave me some pain meds right away, and then I guess I slept.
I remember waking up, it was dark outside, and my husband told me I needed to eat something. My mom had sent over my favorite, spaghetti, and he heated some up for me. I was NOT in any pain! I was just very tired. I remember eating with my eyes closed! ha ha
I was extremely anxious to see my boobs, so I woke up enough to walk to the bathroom, go pee, and then look in the mirror. I had on a surgical bra that zipped in the front. It did not hurt opening it up nor zipping it back up. I also had my husband take a picture. :-)
I have to admit, I was instantly impressed!

1 week post op

Feeling great at one week post op. Only problems I have had are with the antibiotics. Hey made me sick and have me a nasty little rash down near my vaginal area. I will be asking about an alternative for my next surgery, if possible. Not in any pain, just soreness. To be honest, what I have told people is it feels exactly like being engorged when your milk comes in! That yucky feeling when you are rock hard and need a warm washcloth or to feed ASAP! So not
"Pain" just tightness.
I had surgery Thursday, took my pain meds every 4 hours, and Saturday was my last day on them. So I was only on pain meds Thur-Sat (3 days).
Sleeping on my back sucks! Ha ha (side/tummy sleeper here)
At my one week post op I got my tape off... Tape wasn't bad, but the stitches on the outside was pretty uncomfortable. At one point I stated bleeding... That one hurt.

2 weeks post op 12/31/15

Feeling fantastic! I am still wearing my surgical bra and I went and bought some zip-front bras from Walmart. Super comfy and I feel like they give great support right now.
Had some late bruising come out, which scares me for a bit, but all is good!
Dr. Enevoldsen

Absolutely impressed by Dr. Enevoldsen and his staff. He does NOT sugar coat anything and gets straight to the point. He does what is NEEDED and what will give the best results. I have been told by many that he is a perfectionist and I have no problems with that! At first, I was a little unhappy with him making me do a breast lift and augmentation in two different procedures since many women do them together, but he said he wants the best results and the least complications, that is why I am doing it in two rather than combined. This tells me he CARES about his patience and about his work. Two fantastic qualities I want in a plastic surgeon. I can't even describe how happy I am with his work so far, and I still have more to do. Breast augmentation due in March and may be accompanied by a tummy tuck. Bring on the new me I have worked so hard for! :-)