Arm Lift (Round 1) Thigh Lift (Round 2) - Modesto, CA

6 years ago I had the wt lost surgery. Lost approx...

6 years ago I had the wt lost surgery. Lost approx 100 lbs.

ROUND 1 ARM LIFT/lipo....Finally I am able to take care of the loose skin under my arms. Surgery went well. My PS did a posterior incision. Trust me it took me forever to figure out which incision I wanted. I'm happy with the incision. I can't see it.....outside of sight /out of mind.....even from the back my daughters have said they can't really see it much.
Surgery was quick. General anesthesia. Went home with very little pain. Till this day (wk 3) I have very little pain more so tenderness. The first week was hard cause I expect to see good results. No flabby/hanging skin. But that was not the case. Very bruised and swollen which I knew to be expected. I am just very impatient and needed to calm the heck down. It takes time. As I update with pictures I'm starting to see my arm take shape.
I do have some hard spots under the incision esp the rt arm. I continue to massage the area. I am also using the merderma scar cream, arnica cream and arnica pills. I see lots of improvements. Bruising going away. Most important I continue to wear my compression garment almost 24/7. My ps said no excuses because the swelling can cause the skin to hang if I dont. Scared the he'll out of me. Lol I bought a few arm compression sleeves. Sports comp and some lipo compression sleeves. Long and short. They all work. Overall I guess all is well.

ROUND 2 THIGH LIFT/LIPO 7/20
Vertical extended incision from the groin area to the knee.
I have worked and worked on trying to loose the fat in my thighs. Idk. Stubborn fat was very comfortable in its place. Lol. I did loose some cause i ended up with inner thigh skin hanging.
Well today is post op day 1. Doc said he had to aggressively lipo an than lift. Surgery was supposed to take down 2 hours give or take but I took 4 hours. He said it was a lot. I woke up in pain. Went home in pain and still on pain. On a scale of 1-10, last night I topped the scale. It is so hard and painful to walk. Ugh let's not talk about having to use the restroom. The tape from the guaze around the groin area almost made that impossible. You know Spreading the legs ladies....... sitting low is kinda of hard right now. Thank God my bed is elevated. I scoot with my arms. It's been 3 weeks since arm lift and I feel strong on the arms. I have 2 drains. 1 on each thigh. Very easy to empty if you have to do it by yourself. I have my daughter to help.
Here are some tips:
Female urinal
Higher commode seat
Walker
Shave or wax the groin area. Imagine all the tape....
Shower bath no rinse wipes. Use until you can shower
Compression garments
Have Lots of help.

Thigh lift post op day2

Today was my 2 day follow up. My PA took all the surgery tape off. Ohhhh Lawd that was an experience. Esp around groin area. Painful. I really wish there was an easier way to remove any kind of adhesive off the skin. She was really shocked on all everything looked so good. Incisions look good. I had very little bruising. I wander if it is because I started taking Arnica a few days before surgery.
I will continue to drain fluids for a least another week. I can shower now. I just need to figure out how to hold the drains up that I have. I started to wear my compression garment over my ace bandage. Idk. Maybe too much. But I needed to try it on. I order a few thigh compression Capris form amazon. They seem to be working. Still very tired. Time for a nap.

Thigh lift po day 5

Day 5 post op thigh lift. Well , I am walking around with my Cane instead of the Walker. It is still hard to get up with ease from the chair. I have to use a lot of upper body strength to get up along with using the cane. The bathroom situation is currently the same. Go Girl is still my bff. I started icing both thighs to help with swelling. I do struggle to put on the compression garment.
As far as for the drains, I empty them 3x a day my self.
Incisions are still in tact. I don't see any complications. Except I do feel I am allergic to the antibiotics they rx. I will need to message my PS to change meds.
Thank God I still have my daughter here to help.

Round 1 ARM lift week 4

Week 4 and my arms are still slowly taking shape. No pain. Some tenderness around the incision. Currently wearing the compression garments. My doc said I need to wear them for months 24/7. The swelling can cause skin to hang if I dont wear them. I worry about my right arm. I feel it is too flabby for 4 weeks post op. Time will tell.
Post op visit went well.
Dr A.

The entire modesto staff deserve a 5 star. They answered all my questions. Everyone and esp the PS were straight up about there answers. They were not going to do a procedure or procedures on you if or was not currently safe at the time to do. All procedures are done at the hospital just a few walking steps away from the office. Follow ups are done by the PA whom is very nice, perfessional, and always make you feel comfortable. The front makes an effort to always remember you. I don't even check in. They know me as soon as I walk in the door.