Finally time for me!! Tummy tuck and breast lift - Mobile, AL

42 yr old mom of 2 grown kids. Time to find me...

42 yr old mom of 2 grown kids. Time to find me again. My weight has bounced around all my life and left me with droopy breasts and saggy skin on my abdomen. I researched the procedures for 16 years but didnt go through with it due to fear. This time I kept myself pumped up reading forums here and put a couple of inspirational before and after shots on my fridge. I finally did it this time and at 5 days post op I say its totally worth it as I cant wait to get to know the new me!!

Couple pre-op and one post op picture

Here are the pictures as promised.

9 days PO and still pretty swollen

Healing nicely just swollen. My last drain should come out Tues. Pleased with the results so far. :)

Two weeks post-op

Well its two weeks post-op and I slept in my bed the first time last night. All my drains are all gone and I am feeling better everyday. I am still very swollen but its going down. Suture removal is next week and I will post updated pics at that time. I am only taking Advil or Tylenol at this point. No regrets and can't wait to see what happens next!!

Had some post-op separation but all is healing, The breast wounds have been open for about 2 and 1/2 weeks now.

I have seen so many scary pictures on this site so I thought I would link a couple with a better outlook. My PS has kept in close contact with me and even thought the look of these do frighten me, they are healing and are clean. If this happens to you, its not the end of the world. It may feel like it is, but it isn't. I apply (saline) wet to dry dressings twice per day and clean the wound with soap and water daily (PS instructions). Yes it hurts but I take my pain killers twice per day and it helps alot with the dressing changes. I hope seeing these pictures bring you hope that even though we may not heal the way we feel we should that we will heal.

Skin Graft time 7 weeks po

Had a skin graft performed on Monday 04/25 to my breast wounds. My next dr. appt is Thurs @ 1pm. Guess I'll see how its coming along at that point. No pain in my breast now at all. I only feel the donor site on my buttock. My PS was very nice and did his best to place my donor site so it could be hidden by panties or bathing suit. Dr. Proffitt and his staff have really been great!! If you are looking for a great PS , I definitely recommend him. :)

Update on skin grafts

(9 weeks post op TT and BL) 12 days post op from skin grafts to both breasts (lotion only now). Donor site to right buttock (still sore). I am starting to feel more like myself again. Here are some pictures of the healing progression. The sutures are dissolvable and I go back in two weeks for my next check-up. My PS and his team have been great to work with. I am just focusing on healing.

4 months Skin graft update

I will probably choose to revise the scars in a few months. I am still happier than I was before my lift.
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Very friendly and knowledgeable surgeon and staff. They answered every question and made me feel safe. My post op pain was well controlled and at 5 days post op, I feel great. I would definitely recommend.