Despite Social Stigma, Botox and Injectibles Are the Reason Stars Look So Young! - Missoula, MT

Nothing makes for a more controversial...

Nothing makes for a more controversial conversation than admitting to using Botox and injectables. I have used both since age 36. My history: Age: 45 Skin type: Fair, unfreckled History: Much yo-yo dieting with weight swings as as much as 80 lbs. Smoking when young, quite for the majority of my adult hood and started smoking again at age 39. Now quit (YAY!) Never wore sunscreen. Sporadic skin care regimen. When I first sought out a physician for my skin I was convinced I would need a facelift. The doctor disagreed. I had deep nasolabial folds for my age, a genetically inherited heavy furrow between my eyes and deep forehead wrinkles. I also had lax skin on the neck and chest redness. Instead of surgery the doctor prescribed a cycle of Retin-A, Obaji, and we did botox and injectables. I was convinced it was snake oil, but I committed to giving it a go. Of course the skin regimen made a huge difference, but botox and fillers were huge in my transformation. I wish I had before after pics from back then, but I don't have them on hand. Recently I was somewhat depressed and yo-yoed up to a heavy weight again and let my skin care go. I was smoking and drinking. Thankfully I recently dedicated myself to a healthy lifestyle and recommitted to skin care. I use VIT C, retinol serum, coconut and avocado oil and peptide cream as well as occasional 18% TCA peels. I admit openly to using these products and it's startling how judgy people can be. They often insist I don't need it, and should age naturally. Sorry folks, but technology means we live radically longer than we used to and our skin fails early. I don't think it's somehow noble to live for 40 years looking depressingly old. :)
Northwest Plastic Surgery Associates

I saw Laura K. Conway, R.N., Esthetician, CPSN. She was very friendly and didn't push products or procedures on areas I didn't show express concern with. She was friendly, did a wonderful job on pain management, and I am pleased with the results. Will return. It's higher priced than the average "stop and shop" drop in skin care clinic, but I think the extra cost well worth it. NOTE: The cost quoted is for both Juvederm and Botox. I wasn't sure of breakdown.