31, 4 Kids, Ready to Be Me Again!!! Mississippi, MS

Hello All!!! I've been on this site since 2010...

Hello All!!! I've been on this site since 2010 & have finally decided to take the plunge & get the sleeve done!!! My regular weight has always been between 125-130lbs. I had my first son (6lbs 13ozs) & bounced back, no problems! 4 years later I had my second (9lbs 11ozs) & it took about 3 years, Adipex, & working out to get to 140-145lbs! 4 years after that I got pregnant with twin boys *Surprise*! (7lbs 14ozs & 8lbs)! My weight has stayed between 200-225lbs since then!
I try to run & play with them, but my back & knees hurt! I miss playing! These kids are my world & they deserve a Mom that is capable of playing with them like they want too!!
So here I am, I've been diagnosed with slightly high cholesterol & sleep apnea! I refuse to let this get worse! I've done all my appointments & im scheduled for surgery on June 28th, 2016!!!! I'm so excited!!!
I will update with pictures soon!!

After Surgery

What do y'all recommend me to bring to the hospital? I know comfy clothes, socks, but what else???

Went for my weigh in today & lost 12 lbs!!!! 224lbs down to 212lbs!!! Yay!!!

Finally Home

I barely remember being taken into the surgery room! The next thing I was waking up in my hospital room & was in & out of it!! The nurse team was Wonderful, they came as fast as possible anytime I needed them & took care of everything!! That first night I was up in down. I walked as much as possible (walk,walk,walk)!! The next day was a bit easier, except I was nauseas and dry heaving. I didn't want to eat or drink much!! (Also, don't be afraid to ask for pain meds, I would walk & then the nurse would give me some) I was able to go home that afternoon, I spent most the time in my bed, trying to catch up on sleep!! Today, I'm feeling much better!! I only took half a pill of my pain meds!! I'm able to sit in the living room & watch tv with my family! I have to keep reminding my little ones that I hurt and they can't jump all over me, which is sad for all of us!!

Onederland!!!! But the STRUGGLE is real!!!

Now I know why everyone writes this!!!! It feels so good!!!
Beginning Weight: 224lbs
2 Weeks Liquid Diet/Day Before Surgery Weight: 212lbs
10 Days Post Op Weight: 199lbs

Love the list poundage, but I'm still struggling with getting my protein shakes & 8 glasses of water down!! I'm feeling so nauseous, my protein shakes make me nauseous, so I'm struggling & can only force 1 shake down a day!!! I'm supposed to be on this liquid diet for 4 1/2 more weeks, & really don't think this is healthy!!!
Any Advice?!?! Please!!!!!

Two weeks post op!!!

I'm down to 196lbs!!! I'm still struggling with the protein shakes!! Any advise would be great!!! Thanks!!!

2 Week Appointment

I went for my 2 week appointment today & since the surgery I have lost 16lbs, which makes 30lbs total!!! All my worries of not being able to drink my shakes are completely normal!!! Doc got me a script for nausea medicine!!! Yay!!!

1 month post op

I'm down to 184lbs!!! That's 40lbs from the start!!! Plenty more to go, but loving the progress so far!!! I'm still feeling lots of nausea, hard to get my shakes in!! A lot of heartburn also!!! Hope this stuff goes away soon!!!
Wesley Girod

Dr. Girod is very kind & listens to all concerns you would have! He takes time out to visit you after your surgery! The team of ladies that are in his office are the same!! Very nice & understanding!!