44 Year Old with Forehead Lines and Crows Feet, Mississauga, ON

After turning 40, I started noticing lines on my...

After turning 40, I started noticing lines on my forehead were becoming more prominent and getting deeper. Also, my crows feet were also deeper and would not disappear when I wasn't smiling. Yikes, I was starting to look old and after years of being a sun worshipping, I was paying the price. I have done a lot of my own research on Botox and had a great doctor who did the treatment for me but after a long illness, closed his clinic. I recently found an amazing cosmetic clinic called Skin Layers here in Mississauga and decided to try the Dysport Botox cosmetic.

On the day of my appointment, I arrived at the clinic office where I met the owner and cosmetic nurse injector, Zaher Ghuneim. He is the sweetest person, I felt so comfortable speaking with him and he answered all of my questions regarding the difference between the different "botox" brands. I have tried Botox Cosmetic and Xeomin in the past but found although Botox did the job, the cheapest I found it was $10 per unit and the results lasted 3-3.5 months. I also tried Xeomin and although it was much cheaper, at $6 per unit, the results only lasted 2.5 months for me. Zaher explained that in his experience with the 3 botox brands, Dysport lasts the longest at approximately 4-4.5 months and the price was also amazing at $6 per unit! Well, I was intrigued!

After evaluating my wrinkles through various expressions, Zaher drew a map of the number of units he would inject onto a paper face and explained in depth which muscles he would be injecting. He offered his recommendation for the result I wanted which I agreed with. After putting on a new pair of surgical gloves, Zaher removed the botox from the fridge and mixed it up right in front of me, which was awesome as I was always concerned about whether other places I had gone to for botox, were even using what they advertised!

After filling a new syringe with the Dysport botox, Zaher swabbed the areas of my forehead and crows feet with an alcohol swab and gently injected the muscles in my forehead and around my eyes. After every injection, he asked if I was ok, so sweet! The procedure was near painless, just felt like little pin pricks and there was no pain or sensitivity after the treatment and literally took 5 minutes or so to do. I had a bit of redness at the injection sites but it faded within an hour or so. I used a bit of powder foundation immediately after to cover the redness while I went shopping and it was fine. We talked for about an hour total and he explained the procedure in great detail and was very knowledgeable about all cosmetic injectables which really put my mind as ease, knowing he was well trained and experienced. I was also interested in filler for the hollows under my eyes as the older I'm getting, the more volume I am losing in the area. He uses Teosyal filler for that area and explained the different formulas, depending on what part of your face you would like filled. Amazing, so excited to try it next!

I had the Dysport botox injected last Monday and by Thursday, the full effect of the treatment was evident, my lines were GONE but I could still smile and move my face in a natural way without looking frozen. Nobody at work or my friends noticed that I had anything done but I was given a few compliments over the past week as to how good my skin looks! :))))

I would highly recommend Zaher for any type of cosmetic injectable, he is a very kind and knowledgeable person who takes the time to answer all of your questions and makes you feel very comfortable before and during the treatment. The clinic is very clean and in a central location in Mississauga. He also does mobile treatments and works out of Hamilton and Mississauga, serving the GTA and southwestern Ontario.

I have never posted a review about any botox procedure I have received in the past but Zaher has earned my trust and loyalty as a client and I feel so lucky to have found him! I will update as to how long my results last and I'm looking forward to getting filler as well in the near future!

Update, 4 months later!

It's been 16 weeks (4 months) exactly as of today, since my forehead and crows feet were treated with Dysport and still not a wrinkle in sight! My expression has softened a bit but I can't crinkle my forehead yet! None of the other Botox brands have lasted this long....I'm a Dysport fan for life! ;)

6 month post and barely a wrinkle has returned!

I just returned from baking in the sun down in the Dominican. It has been 6 months since my Dysport injections to my forehead and crows feet and my skin still looks great! I have much more movement in the areas but the lines haven't really started returning. I'm amazed, to say the least!

A little beauty tip......

I have actually been using extra virgin avocado oil on my face before bed every night for the past year....my skin is super sensitive and easily breaks out and all those creams are full of chemicals and preservatives...my dark spots have faded on my face and chest within a few months and my eyelashes and eyebrows have grown back: my skin has never looked better....the stuff is amazing, just look at my skin and Im going to be 45 this year! Botox irons out the wrinkles and extra virgin avocado oil keeps your skin tight and improves the quality of your skin....without clogging pores! Don't waste you money on creams with empty promises and fancy packaging....this oil is cheap and works wonders, just make sure the colour is dark green and it can be used to cook with too, tastes similar to olive oil but can handle high temperatures so you can also fry with it.
Zaher Ghuneim

Professional, kind and knowledgeable person who is detail oriented and knows how to provide the results you are looking for, GREAT!