Age 64, Waited for 30 Years to Do This! Mission Viejo, CA

I have 3 kids (46, 38, 35) and 7 grandkids. Most...

I have 3 kids (46, 38, 35) and 7 grandkids. Most of my life has been working and taking care of my family, including my mom who at 100 years of age, passed away a little over 2 years ago. I have always wanted a tummy tuck and this is my time. After a 25 year marriage, I was divorced for 18 years. I have met a wonderful guy who loves me and I love him. I want the next years of my life to be as fun and full of excitement as they can be! And I want to wear fitted dresses and look good in my clothes!

8 days post op

Omg! I was so down and depressed for the last couple of days. Not interested in eating, taking my meds etc! I stopped the pain meds about 2 days ago,so kinda related that to my issues!
Anyway, I slept in my bed last night in stead of the recliner, and today I felt much today.
I met with Dr Kim today. He said depression may occur after surgery and stopping the pain meds could add to it.
My tt is healing very well. He said my swollen tummy was normal. And I told him it looks wonderful to me! He just smiled! He removed one drain and changed my bandage out with a new one. Next appt in a week.

Pre op pics

I didn't take an pre ops,, should have but didn't think of it
I have one in a swimsuit taken a month ago where you can see my rolls.

Swollen tummy! Ouch! 11 days po

Well, today was the first time, I experienced the big swelling everyone has mentioned. Didn't like it! I ate wrong all day today, high sodium stuff. I didn't walk as much and did not drink water like normal. Learned a big lesson...

two weeks post.... feeling great!

Saw Dr Kim on Wednesday, boy, he was the right guy for me! Love him!
Second drain removed so now I can wear panties! Yeah! Took a couple of photos, still swollen but so excited to see thst clothes are fitting so much better!

My pre op photos

I asked my doc for copies of the pre op photos...here they are....

Bonus! my flatter tummy makes me feel like I got a boob job too!

Haaahaaaa! I got dressed in regular clothes (well semi regular - yoga pants and a tee shirt) yesterday and was like WOW, where did these come from... my girls look damn good!

3rd week... everything going well

3rd week check up with Dr Kim this past Wednesday . Everything right on schedule, limited activity til I see him again in 3 weeks. Which is okay cause that's about all I feel like anyway...lol. I take a nap everyday now, never did before! Got a new tummy wrap/support, helping a lot with keeping the swelling down. This one covers from just under my breasts to my lower hips, very comfortable (from Frank P Stubbs Inc on internet.)

Week 6 - 9 post op

Hi all, quick update...
At my 6 weeks post op, doc was VERY pleased with my bb (I showed it off to the office staff... they liked it, too...lol). He advised swelling will lessen as time goes on. He released me to full activity. And I see him in 6 weeks for a scar check-up and to continue to use the silicone scar-reducing dressing.

I've been on a camping vacation with my friends. I was a bit worried when this trip was being planned before my surgery, but all has gone well. I started out wearing the binder but stopped during the trip cause it was too hot! Feeling like that was a good thing as my stomach muscles are having to hold their own, so to speak.
My upper tummy is a bit of a disappointment, fuller than I'd like...but it's on me to start an exercise program to get the rest of me into a bit better shape. ;) I'm still tender when trying to sit up (rolling to side still and using my arms to push myself up) or sneeze/cough! YIKES, I'll definitely be glad when that goes away! Still some swelling too, but TIME will fix that. We will all feel and look better as time moves forward.
Wishing you all good healing!

3 mos post, turning 65 in a couple of days...

Well, there's still a ways to go... tummy still tightening up and itchiness on scar and lipo areas. Feeling good about the process, although upper tummy still larger than I was hoping. Have not started any an exercises, still sore when pulling up and tender to pressure/heavy touch. My scar is dark, looks wider than it seemed early on; ps wasn't too pleased about how it looks but says to continue the silicone bandaid on it. Stressing over getting things ready to celebrate my 65th bd, going camping again, and a 3 week trip to Italy in late August. Ah well! Happy healing friends!
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Great doctor, straight forward explanations, positive outlook. Love him! Gave me his cell #, able to contact at anytime, very responsive.