Lipo and Buttlift at Evolution MD MIramar,FL

About me. 37y/o female. 5’7” 153lbs after...

About me. 37y/o female. 5’7” 153lbs after having my daughter. Before I was always about 147lbs. I was very self-conscious about my very flat butt and my sagging belly after my baby. During my research I was able to visit some plastic surgeons in the area, but I decided for Dr. Cesar Velilla and Dr. Jose Zayas (both Evolution MD) because of their solid experience. I did a consultation with Dr. Cesar Velilla and I really liked his approach. It was very informative, explained to me realistically what was possible and what wasn’t. However, I ended up having the surgery with Dr. Jose Zayas because Dr Velilla was out the week I had planned to do my surgery.
The consultation with Dr Zayas was very professional, he as well explained the realistic expectations regarding my belly area because the end result depends in great part on my skin and how can my skin retract after the procedure.
Now that I look back to my consultation stage, all I can say is that I really focused my questions on the procedure and the results instead of the process to get to those results. Yes, they tell you that you have to wear a compression garment, they tell you that you will be swollen and uncomfortable, and yes they tell you that you will need massages and consistency from your part to help your body heal. However, I can honestly say that I did dive in this procedure without having REALISTIC expectation/information regarding the recovery process. I can’t blame the doctor or my surgery consultant because they were honest and very informative at all times, its just that it was me not asking the right questions.
The reality is that liposuction is a very invasive procedure and the success of it really relies in great part on the after surgery care. The procedure itself is not painful, although I decided to have general anesthesia; but the process for your skin to attach again to the rest of your body is a very lengthy process. I can’t stress enough the importance of the massages starting the day after your procedure, and the consistent use of your compression garment.
The following will be my most important recommendations for someone thinking of having this procedure done:
*You will need more than a week of recovery. This does not mean being in bed the whole day, but just doing basic chores and allowing yourself to heal those critical first two weeks.
*Have someone with you full time at least the first three days of the surgery.
*Be highly consistent with your massages. I did not develop any lump or significant fibrosis because I was getting massages almost daily. (I am almost 6 weeks post op and I have gotten about 25 massages that include 3 cavitation procedures).
*To go to the bathroom: Use a female Urinal. That thing is the BEST. I take it with me every day! For number 2 use a lot of wipes!
*To sleep: I bought a breast pillow or T pillow, so my breast would not be smashed while sleeping. That also helps a lot with your lower back pain. After 10 days post op, I was able to use my dearest invention: a bed that would allow me to sleep on my back with my butt hanging in the air! I use the same bed to work by using a hospital side table. See the picture.
*To sit: well… get ready not to use your butt for a while… I use the pillow in the picture to sit in the car to drive and in an office chair. I also got the BBL pillow but I can’t sit on it for too long because my legs get numb very fast. I use both at the same time and it’s great.
Compression Garment: TRY ON THE COMPRESSION GARMENT BEFORE the surgery. I did not do that and I was given a Size large but this one was too short for my upper body, so I had to go and buy an XL and get it tailored in the waist part. (Reduced by 1 in each side). Once I passed the 5 weeks mark, I was told I could sleep without the garment, but the reality is that I needed to use it because my skin is so sensitive that being without it is worse than wearing it. However, Dr. Velilla recommended me to use a daily use faja (which is more user friendly to sleep at night). That faja will still provide good compression so you will not swell at night. Please see the pictures.
About Evolution MD:
My very first visit was not as great as I expected because that day I did not get to see the doctor. However, once I met Dr, Velilla and Cecilia Gonzalez the office manager, the experience changed for the best. I must say that Dr. Velilla is a very impressive professional. He is truly committed to excellence and I can see that commitment in his staff also. The facilities are really nice, the surgery center is new and all of his offices are impeccable. The nurses are very friendly and helpful.
Dr. Jose Zayas was great. I really like the quality of his work. I like myself in the mirror and I owe that to his skilled hands!. During the follow up he was rushed but he got to answer the questions that I had at that time.
Cecilia Gonzalez was very very helpful. She did answer all my calls and she made sure to assist me in every step of the way. Her customer service is EXCELLENT.
In terms of the massages, I must say that Claudia is AMAZING. Besides being an excellent professional, she really assisted me to get through the different phases of this process. The recovery of this surgery is very emotional and can be a source of anxiety. Claudia has a natural way to calm you down and put you back in the positive mindset for healing. She really makes sure to use the appropriate technique for your case and the massage itself is Excellent.

The pictures

Additional picture

Two weeks post

My best friends

Dr. Jose Zayas

Evolution MD is an EXCELLENT place for cosmetic surgery. Both doctors Dr. Cesar Velilla and Dr. Jose Zayas deliver quality results. They are both EXCELLENT. The facilities are state of the art. The staff in general is excellent.