Vaser Lipo Torso/Flank/Inner Thigh - Minnesota

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am young (22) and work out a lot. 6-7 times a...

I am young (22) and work out a lot. 6-7 times a week. I am very active. Mixed up my work outs (marathon running, boxing, circuit training, cycling, etc) and watched my diet. However, I had stubborn tummy and inner thigh fat. I could not get rid of it and was frustrated that my body did not show the results of my hard work. I decided that instead of brewing over it I would do something about it.

I had 3 consultations and decided on the 3rd surgeon. The first surgeon was callous and acted as if my questions were annoying, he would cut me off short and say he did this all the time there was nothing to worry about; he further went on to say he could do my torso thighs and upper arms and sent me out of the office within 35min... comforting I know.

The second surgeon kept me waiting for 30 min and when he finally showed up said there was nothing he could do for me and maybe I had to search inside myself and get over my insecurities and accept myself.

Since the two differed so much in their consultation, I decided to seek out a 3rd. Dr M was on time, through, he spent an hour and twenty minutes with me- asking me everything from how my family genetics were to measuring my body fat. I knew immediately that I wanted him.

Its interesting because I never thought I would be a person to do cosmetic surgery, and now that I have- I have to say it was kind of a weird experience. No one know except for my boyfriend. Most people write about being awake for the procedure. I was put under and my biggest bruise was in my hand from the anesthesiologist because she couldnt find my vein.

The day of my surgery Dr M came in, showed me where he would make the incisions and about how much he would take out. I was then taken to the surgery room, I was given general anesthesia. The next thing I remember is waking up super nauseous. I felt like I was hung over, I had the spins and I couldnt eat all day. I was pretty sore.

I didnt feel like I had done 1000 situps like other ppl describe. It felt more like sharp pain and stabbing but nothing unbearable. I have a fairly high pain tolerance. I took the day off work. I slept the whole day and couldnt eat anything. No appetite. The have the luxury from working from home and I was really glad I was able to for the week.

The hardest thing was getting up from a sitting position and sitting back down. My lower back was also extremely sore and tender. However, I was able to do my job. I walked around like an old lady hunched over and took pain meds the first two days. However, oxycodine makes me extremely nauseous so I weened off of it by the 3rd day. The sleeping pills helped a lot because its awkward and kind of painful sleeping in the garment at first.

I took a walk by day two and slowly increased the distance each day. Walking helps with the circulation. I was swollen but barely had any bruises. I kept the garment on for 48 hours straight no showering like I was instructed to. When I finally took off the garment I noticed immediately. My stomach looked very different. My flanks and thighs not so much but I can subtly tell. My stomach was really tight and I did notice a hard lump a bit below my belly button but had read this is normal. I used Arnica gel 3 times a day to massage my back torso and thighs. It made a HUGE difference.

I am now at week two and hope to start working out tomorrow. I heard at two weeks you can start. I dont have pictures yet but when I do I will load them.

I havent worn jeans yet, just leggings and workout pants but no one has noticed. No one knows about the surgery and I can tell a difference in how much mobility I have etc each day.

Its a weird process to go through. Especially if you want to be discrete about it. Its like you have a secret you're carrying around with you. I am happy though with the results. I kind of wish I did part of my arms too but Ive seen less results with that procedure and figured it wasnt worth the money.

Does anyone have comments with regards to their recovery process and how soon they were able to workout and more specifically run afterwards? I am hoping to do a half marathon in 3 weeks...

Takes his time with you on the consultation. Very through and honest.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful