26 Year Old. 5'4", 115lb. Very Fit. No Children. Minneapolis, MN

I have been toying with the thought of implants...

I have been toying with the thought of implants for years.

I finally have a surgery date of Feb 17th!

I have researched more than I have EVER heard of anyone getting breast implants research. Topics ranging from immune disorders after implants to the healing process.

Does anyone want to give me tips on anything you WISH you knew before implants? Or that you found out after and were shocked?

MY SURGERY IS OVER!! (Day two post op)

I could not be happier. Dr Tholen treated me with patience and respect. If I was rating the pain I've experienced I would only have to put it at .75! Not even a 1!! I cannot believe it. I am very happy so far and will continue to update.

Overall experience

I am now almost two weeks post op. I still cannot believe how much of a breeze this has been. I truly credit that to Dr. Tholen. I have had friends that did not have such an easy time, and I was so nervous. My pain STILL has not even reached a full 1 on a scale from one to ten. I mean it's absolutely unbelievable. I'm obeying orders on not overdoing it, but I felt ready to return to normal activity the next DAY.

As I said in my previous review, I researched everything over and over. Called the nurses with any new internet information that sparked fears. I consulted with friends. I was not about to do something that could effect my life In a negative way so I REALLY did my research.

After all is said and done, my only question is, why didn't I do this sooner?

Let me know if you have any questions! My absolute reccomendatuon is Dr. Tholen at Minneapolis Plastic Surgery. If you are on the fence, just schedule a free consult with him and do your research as you go. This is what I did, and it worked so well!

BEFORE a/aa cup! Fitness freak so that didn't help my case.

Immediately Post Op

340cc. Under muscle.

1.5 weeks post op!

Only a week and a half post off, ya'll. Unbelievable!! I am SO happy beyond belief!!!!

26 Year Old Flat Chested Fitness Loving Gal.

First of all, let me start by saying I have wanted implants for years. Somehow, FEAR always talked me out of taking the first step. Finally, I had the courage to schedule a consult this last June, 2015.

I researched what I felt were the top three plastic surgery offices in Minnesota. After all of my research, I came up with starting with Dr. Tholen at Minneapolis Plastic Surgery. I planned to have more than one consult. (I am thorough when making big decisions) Let me tell you, when I left his office, I felt NO need to go to other consultations. I felt so good about him, his grasp on MY personal goals, his personality, the overall feel of the office, that I just knew it would be a waste to go anywhere else.

After the consult, I had a few vacations, and the the holiday season quickly approached. I had been doing ACTIVE and THOROUGH research during these months, calling Dr. Tholen's nurses with every negative fact I couldn't figure out on my own via the Internet. I finally concluded my relentless research, and figured it was time to make my appointment. I made it for February 17th, 2016.

The countdown began! I never got nervous because I had already done such extensive research and I felt so much excitement!

Surgery day arrived. I had not settled on a size yet!! I was nervous about this. I felt bad-like I was going to be frustrating to the staff. I was wrong. They put me at ease, and took me back for another sizing. I NEVER felt rushed. I was never made to feel bad for having decision issues. The sizing nurse was patient and listened to every concern, goal and fear I had.

We came up with the size just by looks and not knowing the CC's. She wisely kept the CC's a secret so I was forced to look at how my body looked and not get tuned into a number. I picked the size I wanted after going back and forth a few times. After I picked, I asked her what the CC's were...I had picked the SAME size I had already picked during my consult in June! I finally had confidence and peace about the size which was the ONLY peace I was lacking. I was officially ready for surgery!!!!

I went back for surgery, woke up feeling emotional, but feeling NO pain. Day one came and went, day two came and went, day three came and went, day four, five, six...I am now on day 11 and my pain STILL has yet to even be rated a full one on a scale ranging from one to ten.

I give credit of the minimal pain to a precise and experienced surgeon.

Overall, they helped me pick the PERFECT size, made me feel at ease before, during and after surgery, NEVER made me feel like a bother with my hundreds of questions, and made me feel valued at my follow up appointments. At both of my follow up appointments I have never felt rushed, silly for any type of questions, or felt like they were thinking "now surgery is over, we can sort of push her off". They are still just as attentive as they were before they got their check. That speaks volumes.

I would reccomend Dr. Tholen to anyone considering this surgery. I am a VERY careful and thorough person. I don't make huge decisions without a lot of research, thought and prayer. I back out of making larger decisions like this when I feel pressure or I feel overwhelmed. I never had one negative "gut" feeling through this whole process, and now that it's over, I can see why...it's because they are experienced and talented at what they do.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon