Fraxel Laser

I just left the dermatologist after receiving my...

I just left the dermatologist after receiving my Fraxel laser. I have to tell you my face is on fire, but tolerable if that makes sense. I numbed for an hour and then the doctor did 3 rounds over each area of my entire face. I hope I get amazing results, I will keep you posted!!! It wasn't the most comfortable laser treatment I've ever received, but hopefully it will be worth it.

More Pics

So, day 2 I looked pretty burnt and brown. My skin felt like sandpaper. It's not peeling like I thought it would. I expected it to peel off in layers, but it's actually like very grainy. I gently used washcloth today to help the peeling progress, but it's not really advised. It's hard to not want to scrub your face off LOL. I'm not in any pain, just red. I'm applying tons of lotion too, my face is soaking it up like a sponge! This recovery is way better than I anticipated! I was definitely scared to do this initially, but as long as you don't have to go to work for several days (or don't really care) I say go for it! I had off for holiday break so this has been perfect timing for me.

The Fraxel Machine

I wanted to upload the machine so you can compare when looking to do this. I've looked up so many stories and have seen some really crazy pics of pretty terrible recovery pics, but so far, with this machine it's not too bad!

Day 4

I woke up dry, but after showering and lightly using a wash cloth and clarisonic I feel good. The skin is barely sensitive. Today I start a cream 2x daily called Synalar. They also gave me a lotion called Epiceram, which I've been using daily. I also use Rose Hipseed oil to help hydrate the skin which is an anti-oxidant facial treatment serum (I will use that later tonight since I'm using the synalar today.). I'm not sure what the synalar is supposed to do but they said 2x daily and I only have a little tube so I presume just a couple days worth. After that, onto my 4% hydroquinone.

Day 5

Today woke up slightly dry and slightly pink. I haven't worn makeup in 5 days, and tonight will be the first so I'm hoping it won't show any dryness. I'm still moisturizing with Rose Hip Seed Oil and Lotion.

Day 7

Day 7 I feel good. Skin is just a little dry. I only wore makeup 1 time this week (for NYE, and received several compliments on my skin- 2 from friends that are skin aestheticians). They both worked on my skin in the past and saw markedly better improvements. It's still not perfect, but that may take some more time. I go back to the derm who has performed the procedure in 3 weeks to see their thoughts.

DAY 9

When I look at day 1 vs day 9 there looks to be decent improvement. Although today, I woke up with a couple of blemishes. From what I can tell, the pores do appear a bit smaller and Right Cheek shows a good improvement in smoothness. Im not sure if I'll need another treatment yet, I'll let you know after my monthly visit.

Day 18

Well, I'm just going to post the cheek that gives me the most aggravation. You'll see Day 1 vs day 18 below. I've found that the hydroquinone seems to make my face flush and brings out more blemishes so I'm using it every other day. I've also switched to organic face wash as of yesterday (Juice Beauty-found at Sephora) and I will only use Honest lotions or this now. No more chemicals for me. And I look really pale bc this hydroquinone is literally bleaching my skin, so don't mind that I need a spray tan desperately.

3 months post fraxel

I've been asked to update from many people, so I attached pics of my cheeks 3 months later. I have done numberoys this ha since my Fraxel which was 12/26/17. Yesterday I tried IPL and have been doing microdermabrasion and glycolic peels every couple weeks. I'm still unhappy with it. My Fraxel was so expensive and in my opinion not worth it. Good luck!

4 months later

Not worth it
Jersey City Dermatologist

I love the doctors in this practice!!! I normally see Dr. Freeman, but Dr. Brockman had to do my procedure because of my schedule. I'm confident in both of these docs, I'm just hopeful I see the results! I've tried EVERYTHING before finally doing this, so we shall see. This place is a little more pricey, but I'm paying for my consistent relationship and comfort. It's your face, so don't just go to anyone unless you trust them.