A Work of Art! Milano, IT

Selecting the right surgeon when it comes to...

Selecting the right surgeon when it comes to rhinoplasty is so important. Even more so when it is a revision. I decided to share my experience with you to help you chose the best possible physician.

My rhinoplasty journey started almost 5 years ago, when I had a first operation. Initially I was happy with the outcome. As the swelling subsided, I however started to notice irregularities. After 4 months it was clear that I would need a revision as the outcome was less than satisfactory. Over time I developed a saddle nose with an upturned tip, a hanging columella and a callus at the base. My primary surgeon told me that there was nothing wrong and turned me away when I returned to him after 12 months.
This is when I initiated my search for THE rhinoplasty expert.
I work in the pharmaceutical industry, so I get to interact with physicians on a regular basis. Over months, I asked for recommendations and used professional continuing education events to draw up a list of experts.
Over a period of 8 months, I consulted with several doctors, in several countries, gathering their opinions and recommendations until I met Prof Pietro Palma in Milan.
From the onset, I knew he was the one. Prof Palma approached the consultation differently. He listened, took my concerns seriously and was none judgmental. His surgical recommendation was the most reasonable and more importantly he mentioned things no one else had picked-up before.
Prof Palma came across as being able to combine technical skills, with anatomical expertise and the artistic mastery needed to achieve optimal 3D results.

I am now 3 weeks post op and I cannot stop smiling when I look in the mirror. A work of art!
Prior to surgery, Prof Palma shared different simulations. We agreed on what should be achieved during surgery. He was a caring physician pre- and postoperatively and I cannot fault the care I received in Milan.
I had no pain and limited swelling post surgery. The bruising took almost 3 weeks to fully disappear but I was able to return to work with make-up after 10 days. The nose is still sensitive to the touch. It will take some time to settle but that is part of the normal healing process.
I am very happy with the result and grateful for this positive outcome.

Prof Palma is asked to speak as an expert in peer-to-peer meetings, which is a tribute to his skills and expertise.
Prof Pietro Palma

I cannot fault the care received by Prof Palma and his staff.