38 Year Old Mother of Two. Miami, FL

I decided to have a full tummy tuck because I was...

I decided to have a full tummy tuck because I was tired of wearing Spanx and not seeing results after working out forever. I don't have any regrets although I need a scar revision, and dog ear removal. Recovery was hard for me. I couldn't stand up straight for approximately 7 weeks. I couldn't eat full size meals because my muscles were so tight. Although that wasn't a bad thing. I still have some loose skin when I bend over but I am still pretty happy with the results. I also have developed some hypertrophic/keloid like scaring but I think a revision could fix that as well. There was a lot of tension on my incision the first few months and I believe that is why the scar healed that way. I have never had keloid of hypertrophic scars and I have had several surgeries including an emergency C-section. Overall I am happy with the scar placement because it is super low, although very long and my belly button looks amazing. I do have rippling but I'm sure hat can be resolved with a scar revision. Post op I had a small seroma which resolved with a few in office aspirations. I hope someone finds this review and the pics helpful.

More pics of scar

Here's a pic of my scar, puckering and small dog ear. The drain left a scar that has thickened and is darker but it's improving. Midline I have an indentation (near my pubic area). Not sure if it's from a suture or fat or combination. Now when I work out I can see my abs! And no more Spanx:) By the way I am 5'1 and 112 pounds.

Recent scar pics

Just wanted to add some new pics of my TT scar. It's fading well. The rippling/pleating is still the same as well as the indentation in the mid pubic area, and small dog ear. There's a bump there that feels like scar tissue or maybe sutures but I'm not sure what it is. It's been that way since immediately post op. I haven't been back to the office for after pictures or to ask Dr. H about it. I'm out of town so it's inconvenient for me to come in. I would like to have something done about the pleating, dog ear and the dent in the middle. When I wear a one piece bathing suit the bump is very noticeable so I stick to bikinis that cover it up which isn't necessarily a bad thing:) Hope these pics help! Message me with any questions:)

Bikini pic

Perfect bikini to cover my scar:-)
Miami Plastic Surgeon