Gum Lift. Miami, FL

Hello there, Had my gum lift today and for today I...

Hello there,
Had my gum lift today and for today I am exctremely unhappy. First of all it was made with a scalpel (old school) which caused me a lot of bleeding and extreme swelling. Also, I have stiches on which I never knew I would have them. I know when they do with laser they don't use stiches. Also, he cut (contured) my gum in the back which I never knew about they would do that. Also, contur of my front teeth is not the same, some teeth shorter, some teeth longer which is rediculous. I can not talk now properly because of the swelling. By the way, my gum lift was made at the Sylvan Fain's office by Mathew Fien who comes there ones a week to see the clients. Let me see how the results will be. The main thing is the ending result.

2nd day post op

2nd day post

3 day post

I am posting this just to help others. I did not take any post op 2nd day pictures because every time I looked in the mirror I felt sorry for myself, usually I am tough, but was angry at the same time that had to go through this. Sometimes, during the surgery I also felt pain.
I was crying non stop for 3 days not because of the pain.
Nowadays, technology is so forward and they have options for you not to suffer, recover faster, and see the results immediately. Even if my results will be the best from the best I still would not advice to anyone to have a crown lengthning gum (what I have), but laser gum lift. Even though when I came to the dentist I said that I needed a gum lift for only my 4 front teeth instead I have stiches on my 10 teeth and they bleed as well. Please specify it with your dentist before going for it. I don't blame my dentist, only myself that I did not specify and without any dentist's explanation went for it just bacause I saw a good review of someone else on REALSELF and post pictures. I made a research for 2 years. During 2 years I saw 2 different dentists who both offered me to have a laser gum lift, I just wanted to wait and make more researches. So, when I came to this dentist (orthodontist), it's a cosmetic dentustry, I had no doubts that it will be done with a laser because I did not even know other options existed.

6 days post

8th day

On my 8th day I went to see the dentist. I explained him all my conserns. He told me that I had too much bone to remove, for that reason they had to do it the way they did. But looking at my before pictures it does not look like I had too much bone and gum on my front teeth compare to other people I saw the results for and they had all their gum showing on all of their teeth and they still had it done with the laser. My dentist said he has laser at his offise, but in my case it had to be done crown lengthening. My gums are still swollen, and they bleed a little when I brush my teeth. But I really want to believe that there was no other way to lift my gums other than the crown lengthening and will just accept it and wait till it heals and I get a beautiful results :)

6 months post

It past around 6-7 months since I had the crown lengthening done. And now I am calm and back to normal. I fix my teeth and very happy with my new smile. I gave 5 star to the dentist (orthodontist) only recently after they showed that they really care and tried to fix my gums 2 more times since they were not even and I was not satisfied with it since I wanted them to be perfect. They did it once with laser, but everything grew back in about a week. So, I understood that the laser (that I wanted so much) is not an option for me. Then, the 2nd time, I had it done again, and they did not charge me. They are honest and careful that's why I gave them 5 star. They tried everything to make me happy.

Lumineers done in Colombia

Had lumineers done and love my new smile. Finally, can smile again after all that years.
Pembroke Pines Periodontist