Still a Realself Stalker but Finally Taking the Plunge..... - Miami, FL

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hello fellow realselfers. I, like others, have...

Hello fellow realselfers. I, like others, have been stalking this cite for several years. Well I've finally come to terms with the fact that exercise and dieting isn't gonna fix my body. But in my defense, I didn't do this to myself. In 2010 I was diagnosed with Cushing's Disease brought on by a pituitary tumor. If you are like I am you will look up Cushing's to see all the damage it does. By the time the doctor's figured out what was wrong with me I went from 160 to 230 and had every symptom on the list aside from congestive heart failure. Well, after years of looking at my body, hating it, and feeling really self conscious, Dr. Perry has agreed to take on the challenge of making me feel "whole" again.

Moving forward...

Ok realselfers, yesterday I went in for my pre-op labs and such. My primary said my EKG was perfect and that's usually the first problem with us older candidates. Now I'm waiting for the hemoglobin results. After that it's smooth sailing. I'm sooo excited!

All test results are in and I got a green flag....it's about to get real.

Tomorrow is the day

Hello fellow realselfers. Had my pre-op appointment with Dr. Perry today, he took some pictures and we had a nice chat. Tomorrow at 5:00 a.m. I will be on my way to the hospital. I'm so excited!!! I will keep you all posted.

12 pounds lighter

Dr. Perry is awesome! His bed side manner, how personable he is, and his down to earth personality is exactly what you need when you're undergoing such an evasive procedure. I'm very pleased with my results, even with the swelling.

Getting healthy

Good morning realselfers. I neglected to mention something very significant that has happened since my apron removal. My blood pressure had been running around 142/89 ish since all the weight gain, after removal the highest it's gotten is 124/72; but it's been hanging out around 110/68. I think thus far this has been the biggest benefit I've seen. Now I'm hoping my blood sugar and cholesterol will follow suit.

No more drains

I thought I did this yesterday but it seems I didn't. My drains were removed yesterday 5 days post op. And oh my what a wonderful day it was. We went shopping????.

Glad to be home

Although Miami was beautiful..."there's no place like home"

After pics 5 days post after drains are removed

All I can say is wow!

I drove to Miami yesterday to get my 100 stitches removed, only to have to come home with one. So, 99 out of 100 isn't too bad, but that means I will be going back Saturday to check on the one that had to be restitched. But now to the wow. When I was weighed in yesterday, just 12 days out, I now weigh 218 pounds. Now that by itself is not that impressive, but coupled with last week I weighed 231 pounds after the removal of a 12 pound apron of fat and extra skin, now it's impressive as H. E. Double hockey sticks! I'm loving the new me! Everyday gets easier. By day 10 post op I could sneeze, cough, and take a deep breath with no pain. Just do it! Especially if you have health issues.

Ecstatic!!!

My motivation for getting a tummy tuck was I finally came to terms with the fact that I wasn't going to be able to get rid of my 52 inches of belly without surgical intervention. No amount of exercise and or dieting was gonna fix this mess and I couldn't stand looking at it or carrying it around an longer. Back aches, hypertension, diabetes, plantar faciitis, buying large clothing to accommodate,special shoes, compression socks to alleviate swelling, and the depression that comes along with all of it....I was just over it!!! I did this for me.