Want a Flat Tummy and a Cute Belly Button - Miami, FL

I'm a mother of two daughters ages 23 and 19. I...

I'm a mother of two daughters ages 23 and 19. I was told after the birth of my first daughter, the only way to get rid of the extra skin is to have it surgically removed. At first , I didn't believe the doctor who told me this . After many years of dieting and exercising , I came to realize the doctor was absolutely right. So, I decided to get a tummy tuck.
I'm two weeks post surgery. I don't know how to feel about this. I knew I would have SOME down time with some pain but never what I'm experiencing. I thought I would be up and showing off my flat stomach and cute belly button within two weeks ... Boy was I wrong!
Hopefully, I don't regret having this surgery. ????

1 day post op

Week 2 post op

Beginning to see some contouring of the waist. The right side seems to be more swollen than the left side. I hope it's just the way my body is healing. Has anyone else had this problem , where one side healed faster than the other side? #prayingfortherightsidetocatchupwiththeleftside

4.5 weeks pos op with a seroma

This picture was taken at 4.5 weeks pos op. I'm also dealing with a seroma. I've had it drained twice. I drained 25 cc's the second time, not quite sure how many was drained the first time. The doc told me the body is able to absorb 40 cc's on its own but I wanted it drained because I feel as though it's slowing down my healing. Hopefully I won't have to get it drained again. I wish my body would just absorb this fluid and stop creating the seroma! I also have an area below my BB that requires some local wound care.

I'm some what liking my results. My scar is low enough to be hidden by my panties however, I don't like the way that it looks. My flanks are still swollen...I hope! If not, I think I'm going to need some lipo revision . So far my stomach is pretty flat although I still have stretch marks. The stretch marks don't bother me.

I have a lymphatic massage schedule on Monday. For those of you who have had a lymphatic massage done after surgery, do you think it made a difference in your recovery? If so, how?

I should have had this surgery done when I was much younger because it's taking me so long to recover with these minor complications. I think the older you are , the longer it takes your body to heal... Just my theory. My doctor told me to use his 12 month eyes and not my 12 weeks eyes. Lol! Okay, we shall see who's eyes are better...

Well happy healing to everyone!

9 weeks post op

Although there is a significant improvement, I'm not liking my hips. Hopefully it's not my final results.

10 weeks post op ... Love,Hate

I have a love, hate relationship with my body. One day I'm in love with it and the next day I hate it! Today, I'm in love with it. Lol! I just can't wait until December. Hopefully, everything settles and I can see at least 50% of my final results. The wait is killing me.

Before photo...

Before tummy tuck, Lipo, and muscle repair ????

4 months post op!