36 Yrs Old Married W/3 Kids....ready for my MMO! - Miami, FL

Hello RS I have followed this site for quite some...

Hello RS I have followed this site for quite some time so let me formally introduce myself. I gave birth to three beautiful kids ages 16, 10, and 3. My husband and I have decided to not have anymore and getting a TT was something that I wanted to do for quite some time so needless to say I am excited about July 8th!! I'm scheduled for a MMO with Dr. Ortega @ Spectrum (i love his work)....thanks to all the ladies that have allowed me to follow their journey..I've learned so much!! Once again thank you and God bless!!

been through alot!

Scheduled flight

Greetings Ladies....so the time I requested off from work was approved (30 days)....and my flight has been scheduled! I'm going to stay in Miami for 14 days before I make the trip back...even though I was told 8-9 days...I'm hoping my drains will be removed before I leave Miami...if not...I still feel like committing 100% of the first two weeks of recovery towards my healing....I'm already thinking I'll probably ask for an additional two weeks off we'll see how that blows over...lol.

Waiting for my lab request

Just spoke with Evelyn from Spectrum...she called to verify if I was still planning to have surgery...YES and YES!! Its all I can think about lately! She asked a few questions regarding my health and said that she would email the lab request and medical clearance paperwork...I have to speak with my Dr. and have him document that I'm healthy enough for the surgery...I spoke with my Dr. a few months ago regarding the procedure and he ok'd it....so ready!! Hopefully my iron levels are up to par...only one way to find out....so lab corp here I come!!

Medical Clearance

I got my labs back and my hemo was 13.1 (thankful for that).....I had to schedule an appt with my Dr to get medical clearance for the MMO...sent all the paperwork back to Evelyn @ Spectrum and got my "cleared for surgery" email/confirmation!! 19 days and I will be under the care of my surgeon Dr. Mel Ortega. I'm so glad everything is falling into place....planning for this is very important...details matter and reading the reviews of others has helped me plan accordingly. Please do yourselves a favor a plan....I hope I will be able to assist someone in their endeavors by posting my experience as well. I have a few more loose ends to tie up and I should be good to go such as supplies. I got a list from Moni @ new body recovery house that was helpful along with info from other surgery sites on facebook instagram and of course here where it all started for me!! I had smartlipo a few years ago and if I had known what I know now I probably would have gotten better results so once again I am thankful to all that have shared their experiences....thank you ladies!

I finally arrived to Miami! Sitting in Spectrum waiting for the driver who works at the recovery house to come pick me up. My nerves have seemed to calm down since yesterday. I arrived to the airport around 8:45 and shortly afterwards my driver was there to get me....I left the airport and came directly to Spectrum in hopes of getting my prescriptions but so much for that however I did make my final payment...I was told that someone would give me a call between 3 and 5 to give me further instructions about the day of my surgery. I will give an update on the recovery house later. Until then keep me in your prayers Ladies....thanks.

before and after

Hello Ladies...so I am 3 days post op and I'm feeling better as each day goes by. I would have updated you all sooner but the pain wouldnt allow it lol....I am swollen and sore....can't wait until the swelling to go down so I can really enjoy my results. I started using arnica today (gel, tea, and tablets) about to start taking the bromelain/tumeric as well....I also got a massage(ultrasound) and I feel alot better....so far everything has went well. The recovery house which is Assitance for life is great!! Karla really helps us out alot. I will post pictures and do a thorough review on it later but for now I just wanted to do my part and post my before/after pics.

recovery house

Hello Ladies I decided to review the recovery house and give a quick update.
I stayed at Assistance 4 Life which is owned/operated by Karla. I must say that Karla is a sweetheart she makes you feel welcome from the start! She makes sure that our prescriptions are filled prior to surgery and she will go out of her way to them for you!! I wasn't able to get the write up from Spectrum (the day before my surgery) but she stepped in and made it happen!! All of the Ladies that take care of you are really nice....so please be nice to them in return (even if you are in pain)...they will do their best to look after your recovery and make you as comfortable as possible!! Also you can have your massages done at the Recovery House....very convenient! The house was super clean/sanitized at all times and the food was good!! The patience that they demonstrated towards all the Ladies that had surgery was superb....if I decide to have any future procedures I will not hesitate to book my stay with Assistance 4 Life!!
Currently I am 11 days post op and feeling pretty good! My swelling is going down and I am looking forward to getting this recovery over with....one day at a time....until then heal in peace Ladies.

Must have items

I ordered somethings from amazon that were misplaced in the mail....an ab board, mederma pm, and manuka honey. I finally got it yesterday...I used the ab board yesterday as well...it is placed inside of your faja for added compression. I am using bio oil and mederma for my scars. I will start the silicone strips as soon as I receive them.

7weeks Post Op!!

This coming friday I will be 8wks post op!!! I'm feeling really good but I'm reminded from time to time that I'm not 100%. I will be ordering a smaller compression garment soon. Working out on the ellipitical, stairmaster, and stationary bike isn't bad at all I'm pretty much sticking to that and walking for now...Dr. Ortega said that I couldn't do any abdominal exercises until 3mths post op....nor have I done any lifting over 10-20lbs. I hope everyone is healing well and enjoying their results...and to those preparing for surgery God bless and I hope you all have a speedy recovery as well

10 weeks post op!!!

Hello everybody! Hope all is well with everyone! Its been 10weeks already....feeling great! I recently did the 21 day challenge with Shakeology...the challenge is over but I am still drinking the Shakeology...next JJ Smith green smoothie cleanse! I don't want my money to be spent in vain so I intend to make the most out of this investment! I almost can't believe I went through with it....this website and the information shared amongst you all really really got the ball rolling for me otherwise it would still be just a dream! I feel like I know some of you lol....with all the back and forth commenting that is...however I did get to meet a real live real self sister we had the same recovery house!!....DreamstoReality whose results look amazing by the way! So glad everyone is healing well and enjoying their results! Blessings!
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Dr Ortega is the best at what he does looking forward to going back to him for my next procedure....I feel safe with his work!