35 Years Old Plus Size and Can't Wait for the New Me! - Miami, FL

Currently 35 years old 5'3 187 lbs and a mother of...

Currently 35 years old 5'3 187 lbs and a mother of two girls 14 and 8. I gained so much weight with my first pregnancy that was never lost, with my second pregnancy I didn't gain much at all but had an emergency c-section.
I am so excited to have this surgery but also incredibly nervous and scared! I have been on RealSelf everyday trying to prepare!!

Before pics

More before pics :(

Some before and 1st after pics (7 days PO)!

Pain level has been completely manageable! Just very sore. I did have difficulty with anxiety after surgery because it felt difficult to breath even though I knew I was breathing (I have asthma and breathing is something that can cause me great anxiety).
Listening to my PS so that I can heal as quickly as possible by not moving much.

Very happy with my surgeon and the swollen results that I have so far!

trying again

Quick update

Tomorrow is 8 weeks! It went by so slow but so fast too!! Finally able to workout (more importantly able to stand up straight and walk normally!!)

Muscle repair- most anxiety and most rewarding!

Everyone has said it on here that you will have low lows and high highs. My lows combined with anxiety and asthma were pretty hard at the beginning.

Waking up and feeling like I couldn't breath was both a fear prior to surgery and a realty after my surgery. The feels of wearing the tightest corset (and I don't like corsets to begin with) and not being able to take it off for a deep breath was terrifying. My saving grace was the spirometer. This showed me that I was breathing and able to hold the ball up for the number of seconds required. This was my calm. Whenever my anxiety was taking over this is what I went to to prove to myself I was ok.

Fast forward 8 weeks and my absolute favorite part of the tummy tuck is the muscle repair. The feeling of tightness and the pull are comforting like a security blanket. It's also a confidence builder and a motivator to not let this feeling lax.

Extremely happy at 8 weeks and motivated moving forward. Faced the anxiety (although at that point not much else to do than to face it ????) and taught myself a way to handle the fears that I faced.
Miami Plastic Surgeon