29 Yrs Old, Wanting Lipo for Excess Midsection Fat - Miami, FL

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

BackStory: I have always had stubborn belly fat....

BackStory:
I have always had stubborn belly fat. Even when I was 18 and slim, I had a round belly and excess back fat. At 20 yrs old, I had a miscarriage at about 23 weeks. Over the next 7 years, put on 50 lbs but lost about 30 lbs in less than a year, 2013-2014! While I was finally feeling good about my actual weight, I was really discouraged by all the back fat I still had and small belly fat. So from 2014 until now, I've gradually put back on the 30 lbs I lost :-(
2016: Turning 30 is really huge for me! At my heaviest weight of 204 lbs (and only 5'2.5") I decided to do something for myself and get the body I've always wanted with the help of lipo. Started doing research on Boston surgeons and while I found good ones, the responses were discouraging. One doctor said that I was good candidate but he would have to do my lipo in 2 parts totaling around $15K. Another doctor said, my weight was far too high and to check back once I'd lost weight; he wouldn't even quote me or anything. After spending $100 on each consult, I was really discouraged.
May 2017: A friend was graduating in Miami so I decided to spend some extra time there and have a few consultations. Life was so hectic that I didn't have time to research before I left.. crazy I know! My first stop in Miami was to do my nails and the manicurist had a fabulous figure. Even though it seemed too bold, I asked if she knew of any plastic surgeon. She highly recommended Dr. Fisher! I was so excited to have seen his work in person and then see great reviews online. Unfortunately I couldn't get a consultation while I was there, but Margaret at Jolie has been in contact with me. She quoted me $4,300 for everything I wanted and I was so excited. Unfortunately, Dr. Fisher needs me at a BMI of 31 and mine is 36. Losing 25 is not impossible, but I was really hoping to do my surgery before my 30th on July 6th.
While I was in Miami, I met with Dr. Chang who recommended SmartLipo. I thought it was gimmicky like Laser Lipo or CoolSculpting. But after some research, it seems like a legit option. And it was priced at only $3,200!
I feel like traditional lipo with Dr. Fisher would yield the best results. However, I know it isn't healthy to lose more than 5-10lbs in 30 days and that's my time frame. I'm set on having the work done around July 6th, so I can be recovered enough for a vacation in mid-August.

Deciding on a Surgeon & Recovery House

While Smart Lipo with Dr Chang is still an option, I am leaning more towards traditional lipo. Because I've seen Dr. Fisher's work in person and also lots of great reviews, he is my first choice. But with around 30 days to have the procedure, I am worried he is already booked and the coordinator isn't telling me. I've been exploring other options and Dr Valls seemed like a great alternative.
Once

Wish Pics

Making my downpayment to secure a surgery date on Thursday.
Decided to have a few wish pics to show my surgeon and see if they are realistic.

Ultimate Body Goals

Truthfully, I just want a normal curvy body. I decided against a BBL because I am satisfied with my average hips and little booty :-) My breasts are already a DD, so all I want to to slim and contour my midsection. Her body is ultimate goals!

Surgery confirmed, Price not..

Excited to say that I made a deposit and scheduled my surgery for my 30th birthday, July 6th with Dr. Valls!

I switched from Dr Fisher to Dr Valls because his max BMI was higher and his price was lower while still seeing good reviews. Unfortunately I received conflicting information on the BMI and my invoice does not reflect the sale price I was quoted. Other reviewers have said the ladies at Jolie are kind and helpful until they get your payment, but I'm really hoping that's not the case. Waiting on those important updates to put my mind a little at ease.
Also feeling discouraged because the AirBnB [I'd stayed at in May and planned to stay at after I left the recovery house] is booked. I've seen other nice ones in Coral Gables and Coconut Grove, but I knew that one was perfect and so affordable. Hoping that I get another gem because I am picky and know that being comfortable is important while I'm recovering solo.
With it being just 28 days away, I am getting super nervous and feeling really really unprepared.

Can't wait to have this body..

Stumbled on this pic while browsing through my gallery. Didn't realize how much size I'd put on in just 10 months :-/ Really looking forward to having this body without having to suck in. Because I am sure I was holding my breath for this pic :-) LOL

15 lbs to lose :-(

Been all over the place these last couple of weeks. Now my surgery is just over 2 wks away and I have to lose 15 lbs! I'm going to do better with my eating and awful snacking habits, plus I am going to do a colonic the Saturday before my surgery. But any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Dr Arnaldo Valls