Finally Decided to Get my Sexy Back! - Miami, FL

Hi ladies! So I've been stalking this site and...

Hi ladies! So I've been stalking this site and reading everyones story and decided I'm ready to get my curves too. I always thought I had a cute shape but over the years layers of fat has covered it up. Now I look like a blob of fat with no shape. I didn't even realize how bad I was looking until I took my pics to send for evaluation. I look horrible and have a "bootie-do" that's what u call ur shape when the stomach pokes out further than ur bootie do. LOL! Anyway, I'm 5'6 and 180lbs 38yrs old with 2 kids. After much debate over which Dr. to use I decided to go with Dr. Mel Ortega in Miami and am very excited. I sent in my request for an evaluation and pics last week so I'm anxiously waiting for my reply so I can pay my deposit and schedule a date. I want to get it done in January and I'm keeping it a secret from everyone except my boyfriend. I don't think my family will support my decision and my friends will be cool about it in my face but prob hate on me behind my back. Plastic surgery isn't anything that any of them would do and they don't have that kind of money. I plan to travel alone and stay at the recovery house there and when I get back home I'm gonna hire a caretaker to help me out a few days. I'm not really nervous about the procedure I'm just ready to get the ball rolling. So glad I found this site......shout out to all the Ortega-dolls!

Paid my deposit

Well I knew I wanted Dr. Ortega to perform his magic on me I just had to decide which facility to use since he does surgery at different locations. I contacted Spectrum Aesthetics and I was told I would be recieving an email with instructions on sending my pics in. I didn't recieve the email but I went to their website and sent my pics. I contacted them again and noone has followed up with me. A couple days later I contacted CG Cosmetic and spoke with Blanca who sent me an email with instructions which I recieved while still on the phone with her. I sent the information back with pics attached the same evening and the next morning I had more info from her concerning pricing and setting up a consult. I replied with some questions and to my surprise instead of another email to answer my questions she called me. Needless to say I picked CG Cosmetic to get my procedure done. Blanca was very nice, professional, and answered all my questions. I paid my deposit and scheduled my procedure.......I'm really doing it!

Trying to keep it together

Ok so it's been a while since I posted anything because I've been trying to keep it together by not obsessing over it. Anyway I'm paid in full and just purchased my plane ticket. When I first scheduled it was hard for me to keep it to myself cause I was so excited but the closer it gets I seem to be getting nervous that I haven't told anyone. Not one person knows I will be traveling to Miami to have a procedure. Then what do I say when I go back to work and I'm moving slower or walking funny? I really have to get my cover story together! Any advice?

Labs done...the count down is on!

So I sent my labs in today and I'm so happy that my hgb is 13! I have anemia but have been taking my vitamins and iron regularly to make sure everything is good for surgery. I also have been wearing clothes that makes my butt look good and big and I make sure to point it out to my sis and I keep telling friends that I'm gaining weight and that it's going straight to my butt so that when they see me again post-op and they see my new donk I will just say "girl I told u all this weight going directly to my ass". Lol!!!....At work I'm going to say I broke my tail bone so I hv to sit on the boppy pillow while it heals and wear bigger scrubs. I guess I hv my cover story.

8 days to go!

I just realized today that my surgery is next week! I guess I was so caught up with all of my holiday traveling and activities that it slipped my mind. I thought I had 2 weeks to go. Lawd give me peace! I better start pulling out my clothes and organizing my supplies. OMG....so excited!

Everything is good to go!....4 days left.

Well I got off work early today and I'm finally pulling things out to take to Miami with me. I'm not taking a whole lot of stuff and I don't understand why ppl spend so much money on "supplies". I'm bringing a boppy pillow, cami's to go under my garment, and a face pillow to help me with sleeping on my stomach. I'm gonna buy my compression garment from a store in Miami. I will be packing a few maxi dresses and leggings for the trip. I'm staying at a recovery house 6 nights with Kayla and it looks really nice in the pictures she sent. Transportation and meals included is $130 a night and since I'm traveling alone I don't mind paying. I keep looking in the mirror at my fat back and I can't wait to get rid of those rolls!!!! I just want my butt to hv some projection and all the back fat gone. Sooooo ready for Dr. Ortega to work his magic on me!!!!

Preop day

Ok so I was picked up from the airport and taken directly to CG cosmetics. I filled out some initial paperwork and then waited about 40 minutes before being called back. I was taken to a small office that had 3 desks in it. There was a lady sitting in a chair having her blood drawn another one in a paper gown with only underwear on (I don't know why) and me trying to scoot into the room to sign more papers and take pics. So over in the corner beside the printers is a piece of wall painted blue with a curtain that u can pull across. The girl pulls the curtain and tells me to take all my clothes off. I was like huh??? So anyway I'm in the corner taking my preop pics and another chics pics are printing beside me, there's alot of activity in the room and I'm a little uncomfortable but I guess this process of doing things is why they are able to offer these procedures at such good prices. After taking pics I sat down and started signing a big packet of stuff. It was consent forms, and surgery instructions. Soon as I finished signing everything the girl just says ok your done. I don't get to see Dr. Ortega until tomorrow right before surgery which I wasn't surprised about because I've read that on realself. When I was all done I called my ride and was taken to the house. We ate dinner, I showered and now I'm laying down relaxing. Surgery is at 0900!

All done!

Surgery went well and I'm back at the recovery house. I've taken a pain pill, muscle relaxer and had some soup. I will have a better update tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!

Day of surgery

I waited for about an hr before I was taken back. First thing I did was stop at a bathroom to pee in a cup for a pregnancy test then into a room with a bed got naked and put on a paper gown. The nurse came in and started my IV then I waited a lil while more. Dr. Ortega comes in and is very pleasant we talked and he explained everything and marked me up. After that the anesthesiologist came in I answered all his questions then he walked me to the OR. I laid myself on the table and he hooked me up to monitors and then I was out. Woke up in the recovery rm and a nurse helped me roll to my side they were very attentive and kind. I was taken to the car in wheelchair holding myself up with my arms, I laid down in the backseat on a big cushion. I had been trying to pee since I woke up and it never would come out and another girl at the house recovering said she couldn't pee the first day either. So I took a muscle relaxer, pain pill, and ate some chicken noodle soup and pineapple juice to drink. I got up every few hours and walked around the rm which actually made me feel better. I know a lot of people complain about how uncomfortable sleeping on ur stomach so I tried different things at home before I came for surgery and it works pretty good. When you lay down put a small pillow right under ur breast and it will take the pressure off ur back and make it tolerable.

I went for my follow up this morning and it was pretty quick. I only waited about 20 min before being seen. I met with a different Dr. Ortega and he asked a few questions and gave me a postoperative care sheet and a letter for the airline letting them know I can't sit very long and need to be up walking. So far I don't feel horrible just very stiff and sore in the lipo areas. My butt is hard and tender but not really painful. I'm gonna have my first massage this evening after I shower. I don't know how much fat was taken out or put in I will call Blanca before going back hm to find out. So far I like what I see! I didn't want a super big butt just made round and some projection. I am more concered about the fat roles I had on my back and it looks like he took care of those. I will post more pics without the garment when I'm about to shower.

Shower time

So I slowly took my garment off and headed to the bathroom. The lady taking care of me handwashed the garment while I was showering. She also washed my back and legs for me. When I was done I got on the massage table and she did her thang. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. She was very gentle and basically just rubbing me down. Hopefully in the morning some of this swelling will be gone.

I'm very happy!

I don't think the pictures do me justice. I have such a nice shape now and alot of projection. The swelling and stiffness is just a part of the process but I love my results and I know it's just gonna get better. I don't think it's so big that everyone will ask questions either, it's just right for me. I don't know how much was taken out or the amount that was put in each cheek hopefully will find out next week. I fly home tomorrow and will do some measurements then. My biggest concern was all my back fat and that is all gone! I'm starting the year off right and gonna start eating better and exercising. I can't let my body go like that ever again.

Made it home

Well my flight wasn't that bad. The first one was for an hour 20 mins and as soon as the pilot said we could take off seatbelts I got out of my seat and on my knees like I was praying. I had already told the flight attendant that I was sitting on the boppy because I had a broken tailbone and was very uncomfortable sitting. It worked out fine! The next flight was only an hr and I was stuck in the middle so I sat on the boppy and leaned forward on the tray table keeping pressure off my butt. Driving home from the airport was uneventful as well.

Once I got home I unpacked, took off my garment and washed it, took a shower and looked myself over. Well now I'm concerned about my back fat....I know it's probably swelling but what if it isn't? I had alot of fat on my back to get out and I've been looking at others pics who had back fat like mine and their back is smooth in their pics. I still hv some small rolls and I'm getting really upset about it because they were my main reason for doing this procedure! I guess I should calm down and wait it out I just want it gone! I have to go to work tomorrow and I'm hoping that all goes well.

Getting better

Sorry for the delay ladies! Ok, so when I got back I had to go right back to work and it was uncomfortable but I made it. I work in the operating room so it isn't unusual for me to do a lot of standing only thing was I looked very stiff walking and I was moving slow. I told my coworkers I got knocked over at the skating rink and broke my tailbone and strained a muscle in my back. Everyone felt bad for me and was checking on me everyday...lol.

Now to my condition, I was so swollen it hurt! I was concerned because my back still had rolls in it looking like my previous fat rolls only smaller and my butt was hard all over. I had a nurse friend at work remove my stitches and she told me to relax cause it was all swelling but I just couldn't believe that. Anyway, I had been trying to find someone to do lymphatic massages with no luck so I spoke with someone at the clinic and they said a deep tissue massage is fine. I think the massages may have been the game changer for me. I had a deep tissue massage at a local spa and the next day the swelling seemed to be better and I wasn't as stiff. The next 2 nights my boyfriend did it for me with a lot of pressure and I feel so much better. The back rolls are almost gone and the stiffness is minimal, I really was super swollen! As far as protecting the booty, I hv had to do more driving and riding than recommended. I've used my boopy pillow everytime and my butt feels ok so I'll just keep hope alive that no damage was done.

Today I feel great! My butt is softening up and rounding out, swelling is leaving my back, and the bruises are almost gone. I haven't found out how much fat was put in yet but that info is coming.

Looking good

So I'm 18 days out and feel good! My butt looks great and my back is still getting better. The swelling is going away slowly but it's going. I wore a fitted t-shirt the other day and wasn't self conscious at all. I'm so happy my back fat is gone! My butt is softening and getting it's jiggle back. I haven't put the booty on display yet but I think i'm almost ready to. I never wear leggings without a shirt covering my backside but it's looking too good to cover up! Lol!

I put her out there!

I decided to let the beast out and Lawd was it eventful! I wore a shirt that stopped at my waist with some jeggings and headed to the store to grab a few things. I'm standing in the aisle and I hear some guys going "Dayum that ass is fat" I look to see who they were talking about and they were staring at me! I was flattered and embarrassed! Now I'm walking around the store doing my shopping and every turn I make these guys are there. I finally tell them thanks for the compliment but please stop following me cause I was feeling uncomfortable. They apologized and gave me a few more compliments as they left. Everytime I passed a guy I would see him do a double take to watch my ass....LOL! This AZZ gonna get me in trouble!

Almost 2 months

I am loving my results and doing great! The swelling is REAL. I will be so happy when its gone and I no longer have that feeling of my skin ripping from my back when I bend over. My butt is soooo awesome. It's not so big that people are asking me what happened but they are definitely noticing it. My best friend keeps saying she don't remember me having a butt and I just kept telling her I gained weight and it all went to my ass. Anyway there's such a differece in my projection and overall shape. I don't have to wear cardigans to hide my back fat and I don't worry about my butt looking like a pancake in leggings. I still have not found out how much fat was taken out and put back in my butt because my coordinator is no longer interested in helping me. Hopefully this last email she will have an answer for me. I didn't write down my measurements before surgery but after surgery I was 36 under my breast, 36 around my waist and 46 around my hips. Today I am 34 under the breasts, 33 waist, 45 hips. I believe I will be keeping all this booty! I sit on my boopy pillow to drive but at hm I just lay on my side or sit for short periods of time. I only have a small amount of tenderness in my butt. Oh yeah did I say how HAPPY I AM! Thx everyone for all your support and concern.
Miami Plastic Surgeon