47 and Want my Implants REMOVED: Explants - Miami, FL

I went from being very healthy all my life to...

I went from being very healthy all my life to having constant, annoying, health problems that I always trace back to my immune system. At 42 I really started trying to watch my diet, excercise, and overall health. I realized that massive doses of Vitamins, especially C, helped. Still the auto immune issues always creped back in. Many of my problems were age related but even my mother doesn't have all the little issues I do.

I got saline implants 13 years ago, and while my breasts look great, I hate them. My general look is more matronly and just bigger. I was 5' 4" and 125lbs when I got them. Now I weigh 140 and have a hard time losing weight. I have seen younger women gain weight after having implants and cant help but think that it causes weight gain too. It seems no doctors or reports validated my concerns. I just felt crazy and told myself it was the aging process.

When my young cousin had a liver transplant and was told he had take an expensive and strong medication that suppressed his immune system for life, I knew having manufactured implants of any kind had to be a problem if the body is likely to even reject another human organ from a sibling. I talked to doctors and they told me my breasts were perfect. My concerns were invalid.

After coming on Real Self and reading stories from so many women like myself who want out, I gained the courage. I found 2 doctors in Miami who specialized in fat transfer and implant removal. I have appts. and will document the process here.

Breast Implant Removal with Fat Transfer

A friend had fat transfer to her face with Dr. Blinsky about a year ago. She looked spectacular, natural, and it has lasted. While talking to another cosmetic surgeon, she explained to me that the reason the fat remains is that Dr. Blinsky had the latest equipment necessary for fat grafting and that he is a real specialist in fat grafting, unlike many others who also do fat transfers. Dr. Blinsky has an amazing reputation and he has been a surgeon for almost 40 years. Knowing of Dr. Blinsky's reputation, I was thrilled when I found out he did implant removal with fat transfer. The implants were making me sick. I had fatigue and had all of the symptoms of BII, Breast Implant Illness, I found out about from a network of ladies around the world, with the same wierd auto immune symptoms that I had. Besides feeling achey and tired, the implants didn't look good, especially with weight gain and inflamation they caused. I wanted my implants out for years, but I was afraid of the results. I knew Dr. Blinsky would do a good job. He didn't disappoint. I am so thrilled with the results!! I have my girly figure back and more than anything that dull feeling of a hangover is gone! My shoulder and knee pain went away immediately. Dr. Blinsky is amazing, and I would't have had the courage to do this if it weren't for Dr. Blinsky. Removing my implants was something that needed to be done, and I was fortunate enough to be in the hands of one of the finest surgeons in this region. I feel so much better, and look better than I did before! Words can not express my gratitude.

Miami Plastic Surgeon