Dr. Mel Ortega/BA Saline 500-550CCs/Spectrum Aesthetics/Oct 10th - Miami, FL

Iam 29 years old with a 1 1/2 year old daughter. I...

Iam 29 years old with a 1 1/2 year old daughter. I gained almost 100lbs during pregnancy. I worked out hard and Iam back to my old self except for the boobs. They are empty inside and saggy :( Iam 120lbs n 5'1. So i decided with my husbands support to get a BA. I had consultations with multiple doctors and did hrs of online research. I was looking for a good dr but also looking at the $ matter. I came across dr Ortega and Spectrum Aesthetics n scheduled my consultation. My appointment was at 1230 and waited until 330 to be told he was too busy and could not see me sighs (girls be prepared to be in the waiting area for hrs). I scheduled another consultation for the following week. Arrived and after hours waiting was taken into a room, when the dr got there he asked ME for my forms. I told him that they never gave me any forms to complete and he inmediatly told the assistant in front of me that the forms had to be completed before taken the patient in. Then i was given some forms and they both walked out. Here iam without a shirt on and completing forms when i was sitting there for 3hrs doing nothing!!!!!!ok...i did the forms and had my consultation. I liked him...i really did but nevet was I asked to try sizers what????!!! Didnt really cared much about that cus i had already tried sizers with another dr. Then was taken to my coordinatir "Linette" who is new b didnt know what she was doing..kept going to her managet everytime i asked a question. So i paid with carecredit and scheduled my surgery for oct 10. Had my labs done last friday when received information that im scheduled for 130pm. I want an early appt to get him fresh!!!cus i hear he does like 6-7surgeries daily. Ive called the office 100times n left messages n nothing! I guess they already got my $$$! Im trying to stay positive cus i like dr ortegas experience and skills....but this office is sooo unprofessiinal!!!!!ohhh i forgot to mention once you get there they do not even greet you with a smile!!!i will update u guys as I go...u have 2 more weeks!!!!!

Smoking!!!!???scared

So today i got a call from my medical coordinator at spectrum to tell me that the day of my surgery (next week) i will have a nicotine test performed and if it is positive the surgery will be cancelled. God my last ciggie was....today! So now im drinking lots if water and not smoking at all which is sooo hard cus iam so nervious...anyone has a similar experience? Did your doctor give u this nicotine test? For how low does it stay in my body!? Sighs...im so stressing right now

No craving...starting the countdown!!!7 days

So Iam doing better controlling the craving to smoke...Iam focusing in my surgery which is in 7 days!!!!!l I have been working out a lot, spending time with my daughter and trying to remain healthy....no partying or anything...i dont wanna get sick! I also got my "monthly friend" if you all know what I mean which is great i didnt want to have it while in surgery...I have a question...any ladies with BA used the Scaraway silicone strips???please let me know.....

4 more days!!!!!!

So....iam starting to get nervious n anxious n have this big painful pimple in my face grrrrrr gosh...4 more days!!!!!!all I can think of is boobs boobs boobs!!I forgot to say that i currently wear a 34B...honestly I have been thru many surgeries under general anesthesia without a problem....this time around I feel scared....not sure if it is because this time is an elective surgery or because I hear bad stuff about drs that do multiple surgeries daily.....i pray everything goes well...i have little daughter to raise :( sighs...grrr i dont know why iam sk emotional....im suppose to feel happy that my dream of having big boobs will soon be true....anyways....see you soon!

Fake Dr. Ortegas reviews??!!!

So.....while doing some investigative job and reading reviews abour dr ortega on google i realized that a lot of the reviews are fake and made up. Remember about my coordinator? Her name is Lianet Borrego...Well google has a review from a "Lianet Borrego" that is supposed to be a Canadian student...that is bs!!!!!she is Cuban and no Canadian student...how many lianet borregos do we know? iam sooo sad...wish I saw this sooner...iam posting a pic for u guys to see but u can so ur own google search and see what iam talking about.....also the answers from dr ortega here on this site...seem repetitive and more like an essay that is used across the site...the same paragraph ive seen it un different questions....i dont doubt dr ortegas skills cuz i have seen him on tv but spectrum aesthetics is truly about thr money!!!!puting fake reviews and people finding out is gonna question their integrity...on another note iam 2 days away from surgery and had to call them an scream at them cus i still didnt know my surgery time. This is te first place i hear that u wont know ur surgery time until the day before...wtf!!! People need to make plans an transportation arrangements!!!anyways girls!!!!read and think about wht uam writing here...talk to u soon...

14 hrs away!!!!

So i will be having my BA tomorrow at 1230. My husband will be going with me. He sounds even more nervious than me...Iam not gonna lie...im super nervious. Althought ive had many medical-related surgeries this is one has me the most nervious....l pray that everything goes well...i have a baby to raise...I know it will...I know i will be in good hands although the rest of the staff lacks professiinalism....am i right? Lol good night beautiful doll...i will post pictures once it is all over!...is this really happening????one more day?!!!!!cant believe it....xoxo :)

COULD NOT HAVE SURGERY!!!!

So iam gonna make my update short cus iam still upset/in shock/disbelief/ sighs...I arrived on time and although my surgery was scheduled at 1230 they called me in at 230...put my cap and shoes...shirt off and when i the Nurse started my vitals I had 100.1 temperature....she took it multiplr times and would go up and then down...she walked out and dr. O came in and gave me a long speech that they could not do a surgery if they didnt know i was incuvating a cold or any infections inside...i told him i was hot cus i was wearing a sweater and usually get hot when nervious...he still told me to take my temperature during the weekend and he would see me on Monday...i was disppointed and wanted to cry...but then i realized that this proved that he is truly a good doctor and thaf I made a good decision...good thing is that i was scheduled early for 930 am on Monday...i pray that i can finally have my surgery...cus i truly dont have a fever n iam not sure what happened that day...the nerves kicked in! i have been very depressed cus i really want my boobies...i need ur prayers and positive energy...

Finally got my boobs!

So i finally had my so desired boobs!!!!!!i got Mentor Saline 500left n 550right!!!!!!wow we had agreed that since i didnt want or to avoid getting a lift, I had to go big to fill thr loose skin from pregnancy but I never thought they were gonna be that big! Although even with swollen and stuff they dont look that big. The pain is tolerable, but the pressure is HORRIBLE! Like i cant hardly breathe. I have been taking the percocet every 4hrs and lots of ice in the tatas...and tried to sleep in the recliner....so iam gonna say something I feel is necessary and helpful for the girls that are looking into dr ortega for any surgery. Although the FRONT DESK and COORDINATION staff at Spectrum Aesthetics is super unprofessional, rude and lack peoples skill the actual MEDICAL team in the OR ROOM AND RECOVERY couldnt be any better. Gabriel/Anesthesia is superrr sweet and made me feel taken care of. The Nurse i mean all of them....and of course dr.o is the best!!!!i know now that I made the right decision....in conclusion the clerical staff is the one that sucks...but the medical staff makes up for it...so with that price i wouldnt change my decision.
Anyways going back to my boobs...i havent taken a peek...im scared and dont know if i am allowed...i have s follow up appt tomorrow at 8am...have s great day everyone!

Sooooo painful

So....whoevet said BA is not painful is lying!!!!!!iam in terrible pain and the percocet doesnt seem to help...my armpits hurt even tho i have under the breast incisions, my back hurts will i ever be able to sleep?had my post po appt today and was given a band since implants are too high up...gosh this bad truly make things worstttttt....i wanna die, cry, go back in time. This is my firt cosmetic/elective surgery and the pain is soo horrible i wish i would not have done it. My back is killing me from sleeping in the recliner...i havent slept for 2 days...nothing at all!this pain for what? To look good in a dress?i dont know i feel horrible...i hope this all passes already cus this pain and restlesness is the worst thing ever. Any ideas from ladies that have been thru this?

Soooooi painfulllllllll!!!!

So i didnt know there are multiple follow up appts after surgery, but Iam glad to know that iam not "on my own" after surgery. Having said that....had my second appt yesterday. Everything looks good and dr O showed me a few exercises to do in order for the implants to drop. My left breast is wayyy higher than the right...so far Iam doing better. Pain us better and I returned to work today. My follow up appt is 3 weeks from now...Iam happy now that my breasts are taking shape although i know i need to do my exercises and boyyyy do they hurt!!!

Hard as a rock!!!

My boobs are soooo hard and the implants are sooo high!!!gosh! No1 told me it was gonna be this difficult. iam doing all the exercises that dr O recommended for the implants to drop but they hurt ! ladies...implants stay hard forever!?? Or do they soften up after? They feel like when i was breastfeeding and were full if milk!!!i hate it! Anyways...this is wirhout a doubt a journey!

Getting better!

So things have been getting better...im almost 2 weeks post op...i started driving again today. My boobs are not as hard and dont hurt as much. Boy was I in pain the first week! Im doing the exercises and wearing the band/bandeau or however they call it. I am starting to feel so sexy and femmenine i love it!!!!!I actually feel beautiful again!!!

My life has changed....

I feel beautiful, sexy, wanted and my husband is head over heels! Ladies...my boobs are slowly dropping n the pain gone! I feel like i was born with them! When i go out everything fits great and i feel soooo beautiful. The incisions are sooo small iam sooo happy with dr ortegas job and the size he picked for me!The best money spent!!!!you will not regret it!!

What can i tell u ladies!!!!u will never regret getting a boob job!!!love myself!

1 month postop pic :)

Love my boobs! They have dropped not sure if they will drop some more. I have a follow up appt with dr ortega this week. Will be updating u on the outcome...

Uploading pic again

Let me try again...1month postop
Miami Plastic Surgeon

LOVE HIM!!!!super down to earth, not cocky, funny, experienced, professional and knows what he is doing!!!I wouldnt change him for anything!!!!!!!!