Botched Surgery! Worst experience ever! Beware - Miami, FL

I traveled almost 8 hours to Miami for bbl and...

I traveled almost 8 hours to Miami for bbl and lipo with Dr. Mel. I did my research and narrowed my choice to Spectrum. My surgery was schedule at 6am and everyone was late. I stood outside in the cold waiting for someone to let me in. I called the office and my coordinator (Vivian) several times no answer. I was pissed, and I thought I got ripped off. Eventually, I saw a lady thru the window, and I had to bang on the window several times for her to let me in. She seemed confused and she spoke very little English. I had to go to my car and get my paperwork and show it to her and explain over and over that I was getting bbl and lipo. She finally led me to a room and gave me a robe to change and told me to sit in a chair that had dirty linen. I had to tell her to change the linen. At this point I was feeling very irritated and wanted to just cancel my surgery and get my money back. She would not give me a refund….Other staff members started coming in and I met a black girl and the guy doing anesthia. Talking to them made me feel more at ease and the girl explained that Dr. Mel was running late and he will be there shortly. I met Dr. Mel, he answered all my questions and made me feel more comfortable with the surgery. I was disappointed after the surgery, I didn’t get the results that I wanted and whenever I tried to contact my coordinator (Vivian), she wouldn’t return my calls. I was quoted $1500 for a revision and I originally paid $5600. I’m very highly disappointed and swindled :/

Here are some of my invoices, as you can see I DID get the surgery done and the amount I paid and NO foul play. At first, I thought I would just settle with my results, even though I was unhappy….. My right butt cheek is smaller than my left one and looks different in shape. It's embarrassing. My boyfriend even told me my butt was flat and he doesn't know I had the surgery done. I didn't get my 3 lymp massages nor did he lipo all the areas listed and paid for on my receipt.

more pics

making payments

This is my paid in full receipt, I made several payments thru paypal. I did find it odd that I had to keep hounding her for a receipt every time I made a payment. She just used the original invoice and wrote my payments down as I made payments, scanned and emailed it back to me. I never got an official receipt other than thru my paypal account. My procedure was in November of last year, and was quoted $5000 by Vivian prior and $300 each for additional areas which brought my total to be $5600 b/c of my arms lipo. However he ended up not doing my arms, he mainly did my love handles waist and he even lipod my butt some. He said he was doing this to add more shape and reposition my hips. I’m more disappointed with how my butt looks overall versus my lipo.

Some of you ladies sound really rude and ignorant. This is MY honest and real review and what I went thru verbatim. I don’t get nose jobs, breast implants, fillers and surgeries on a regular bases (no shade to those that do to each is own), this was my very first plastic surgery experience. I took care of myself, wore my garment religiously, and I didn’t and still don’t sit directly on my butt. Thank you to the “none imposters” and ladies that are genuine and sympathetic, that are offering me REAL and positive feedback. Apparently they let any and everyone on this site and from reading some of the posts FOUL PLAY and possibly undercover posts from employees etc. is sticking out to me like a sore thumb. I’m not responding to any negative comments because I am already pissed, out of a lot of $, and disappointed enough. I will keep u posted on what I plan to do, but definitely I plan on getting the procedure done again.
Miami Plastic Surgeon